Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

My theory on Loki...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » My theory on Loki... 14 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » November 26, 2012 8:30am | Report
Slappiz wrote:

His kit is already good imo and decoy is ridiculously strong.

His kit IS good. How is decoy ridiculously strong? I just think there needs a small buff to decoy to make it more effective vs gods and / or have vanish cooldown reset upon death.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » November 26, 2012 11:07pm | Report
Xareth wrote:

His kit IS good. How is decoy ridiculously strong? I just think there needs a small buff to decoy to make it more effective vs gods and / or have vanish cooldown reset upon death.

Early lane phase being able to harass without taking minion aggro. It also does a lot of damage IF you can manage to hit a enenmy god with it, which really ain't that hard when you got your ultimate.
Don't get me wrong, I'm just a handsome **********er

Slappiz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » November 27, 2012 8:56am | Report
Yeah but unless you're leveling up decoy first then the rest of your damage is poop. And if you level up 3 and 1 first then decoy isn't really good damage.

It's good damage at level 1, but by level 3, unless you've been putting points in it, it will practically be a distraction-only skill till lvl 17-8 when you can notice the damage.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nyth » December 5, 2012 7:55pm | Report
IMO Loki just needs a little nudge. I frankly think his damage output is already pretty good and he doesn't need anything too crazy.

I think that making Loki a bit harder to just focus down is a better way to go to make him a tad more viable.
I quite like some of the previously mentioned suggestions.

First of all I think Decoy needs more use. Early-mid game it's a decent way to distract the minions; but frankly it doesn't do enough vs enemy gods and especially in mid-late game when minions are just a minor nuisance this ability. It's a pretty great way to clear waves when you get it to a higher rank, but it is hardly ever worth sacrificing your burst abilities for (unless you solo a lane or something).

A slow or maybe even a mesmerize effect (on use, not on pop) would be nice. I also like the idea of it "absorbing" enemy attacks like earlier mentioned. It doesn't need health or make you lose control as someone suggested before. It would simply divert and absorb attacks that would have hit Loki (or maybe just those that go through the decoy AoE field).
This would make Loki a bit less easy to just burst down when you try to gank someone. Especially late game when the other team is a bit perceptive it can be easy to just obliterate Loki as he jumps in for a kill.

A cooldown reduction on vanish would also be a way to go at things, as long as it has a certain condition.

Putting more stuff on his ultimate might not be the best though, seeing as Loki is already extremely reliant on it (as in his whole way of killing people pretty much revolves around it) putting more pressure on that might be bad.

Nyth

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }