Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

My theory on Loki...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » My theory on Loki... 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » November 24, 2012 10:34pm | Report
Ok, so maybe my subject was kind of a lie. I'm still working on my theory on where I would put Loki in a tier list or even if he needs buffed up a bit. What is your opinion on how OP or UP you think Loki is? I'd like to gauge that by the responses to this thread.

Most people are saying that Loki is trash, UP, etc. because of low damage and poor kit. How much does Loki need to be tweaked though? I don't necessarily think his kit is bad, but maybe it does need some tweaking to make Loki more viable. You could take any of the options in red below and easily make him as strong as he needs to be to compete. If everything listed was put in he'd be completely overpowered, but I am just trying to use this to see how underpowered everyone thinks he really is.

Passive: Behind You!
Loki deals 20% (+25%) more damage from his basic attacks when hitting enemies from behind. If Loki kills an enemy god does an additional +25% damage when hitting enemies from behind for 5 seconds (does not stack).

#1 Vanish
Loki disappears in a puff of smoke for 3s. While invisible, he is immune to slows and stuns and moves 50% faster than normal. His next basic attack from invisibility (or for 2s after) applies a bleed to his target, dealing 30/45/60/75/90 (+25% of your physical power) physical damage every .5s for 2s and reveals Loki.
Cost: 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 mana.Cooldown: 15 s.

#2 Decoy
Loki spawns a decoy version of himself that taunts all nearby enemy minions. Enemy gods in the area of effect are taunted and must attack the decoy for 1s. After 3s, the decoy explodes dealing 90 / 155 / 220 / 285 / 350 (+80% of your physical power) physical damage to all enemies in the radius
Cost: 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 mana. Cooldown: 14s.

#3 Aimed Strike
Upon activation, Lokis next basic attack does an additional 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 (+80% of your physical power) physical damage within 5 seconds. If used within 1 second of activation Lokis next basic attack deals true damage as well. The enemy hit is also slowed by 25% for 3 seconds.
Cost: 50 mana. Cooldown: 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 s.

#4 Assassinate
Upon activation, Loki teleports to his ground target location. If an enemy god is within the radius, Loki will backstab that target doing 250 / 325 / 400 / 475 / 550 (140% of your physical power) physical damage and be stunned for 1s. If Loki is successful in hitting his target, and the enemy hit is killed within 5 seconds, he may activate this ability again and return to the position it was used from.
Cost: 100 mana. Cooldown: 90 s.

Or you could give Loki some type of Assassin Mode that would activate for 5 seconds every time he killed an enemy god, and one / all of his abilities gives added effects like the examples above.

Again, DISCLAIMER: I'm not suggesting that all these changes should take place.

Your thoughts?

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 24, 2012 11:31pm | Report
The passive is fine as it is I'd say. Also, the decoy buff is very much needed. However, nothing you've done addresses Loki's poor damage. The true damage on aimed strike is unnecessary aswell imo.

However, these changes will make his kit much more interesting to play around with, and also make his squishiness not an issue at all.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » November 25, 2012 6:04am | Report
What is your idea on the taunt to the player exactly? Would we lose control of our God for 1 second while they auto attack it?

I'd suggest maybe giving the move a physical/magical power debuff if they step into the decoy range that is cured after they damage the decoy in any manner (or they are cleansed), be it by auto attack or an ability. The penalty would have to be harsh, like 30-50% (I'm not sure what would balance optimally) that either lasts for the 3 second duration or until the decoy is hit as mentioned.

The decoy would probably need health though and I'm not sure if it should be killable or nigh invincible.

But like HiFromBuddha said, he may still need more damage.

Very interesting concepts here, I like'em!

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Odd Arcade » November 25, 2012 6:28am | Report
When Loki was originally released he was bugged so as hes abilities were doing true damage, this allowed you to 1v5 in arena and dominate any lane match up. I think adding this back to hes Aimed Strike would jump him back to the OP side of Gods.

I see Loki as a little sneaky ninja who can punish overextending and careless AD Carry's and Mages. Because of this I just feel like he shouldn't be able to rip apart tanks aswell. He does have some nice damage when it comes to nuking down mages and squishes with no escape, so how about this?

Decoy
Loki spawns a decoy version of himself that taunts all nearby enemy minions. Any Gods caught in the area are slowed by an x amount. After 3s, the decoy explodes dealing 90 / 155 / 220 / 285 / 350 (+80% of your physical power) physical damage to all enemies in the radius
Cost: 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 mana. Cooldown: 14s.

Maybe Loki could also benefit from a buff which makes you feel like more of a ninja...

Vanish
Loki disappears in a puff of smoke for 3s. While invisible, he is immune to slows and moves 50% faster than normal. His next basic attack from invisibility (or for 2s after) applies a bleed to his target, dealing 30/45/60/75/90 (+25% of your physical power) physical damage every .5s for 2s and reveals Loki.

Passive:
Whenever Loki recieves a Kill or Assist he gains strength from the shadows, refreshing any cooldown on Vanish.

Cost: 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 mana.Cooldown: 15 s.

This could make hes combat seem much more sneaky like and really allow him to pull off some nice plays.

Thoughts?

Odd Arcade
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » November 25, 2012 11:04am | Report
Yes, I like it. As I said before, I wasn't suggesting all of the changes, but giving options for changes to any ability. I like the refresh on Vanish, makes a lot of sense and wouldn't be too op.

Also, the taunt would be like a fear but would draw enemies to the decoy. It could even be a .5 second taunt and would be very effective. I like the slow idea also, I actually proposed it in another post but forgot to add it here.

I do think Loki could use a little buff, but definitely not that much or he'd be OP and would be severely nerf the next patch.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Odd Arcade » November 25, 2012 2:57pm | Report
Xareth wrote:

Yes, I like it. As I said before, I wasn't suggesting all of the changes, but giving options for changes to any ability. I like the refresh on Vanish, makes a lot of sense and wouldn't be too op.

Also, the taunt would be like a fear but would draw enemies to the decoy. It could even be a .5 second taunt and would be very effective. I like the slow idea also, I actually proposed it in another post but forgot to add it here.

I do think Loki could use a little buff, but definitely not that much or he'd be OP and would be severely nerf the next patch.

Agreed! Before he was patched he was seen as majorly OP, however after the fix ive seen him played sooooo much less. I dont think he's really underpowerd as he can still pull of some stupid damage a times, but there could be some cool changes to hes kit which would make him feel more viable or useful :)

Odd Arcade
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » November 25, 2012 11:23pm | Report
12 wins and 1 loss with Loki so far, why buff him ? :)
Don't get me wrong, I'm just a handsome **********er

Slappiz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Odd Arcade » November 26, 2012 2:38am | Report
Slappiz wrote:

12 wins and 1 loss with Loki so far, why buff him ? :)

As i said, i don't think he needs a Buff just an interesting re-work. Gottah admit having the CDR reset on Vanish would be nice!

Odd Arcade
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » November 26, 2012 4:02am | Report
Quoted:

As i said, i don't think he needs a Buff just an interesting re-work. Gottah admit having the CDR reset on Vanish would be nice!

His kit is already good imo and decoy is ridiculously strong.
Don't get me wrong, I'm just a handsome **********er

Slappiz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 26, 2012 5:22am | Report
Quoted:

This may make him OP, but maybe if Assassinate deals the finishing blow, it can be cast a second time for no cost. This would make an interesting decisions for Loki. He can either finish off two enemies quickly or use it to pop in and out of a teamfight.

Also, I'm definitely liking the Decoy changes. Right now, the only thing it's good for is taking tower agro.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }