Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mid with Hel

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Mid with Hel 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xoatmealx » November 25, 2012 6:45am | Report
So lately I've been trying to AP Mid a lot, mostly do to there being more ranged mages than ranged assassins. As much as I like Gods like Ao Kuang (Who tends to get picked very quickly), hebo, and Zeus; Hel seems to have some sort of appeal (probably the healing) that the others don't.

My main problems is I can not find a proper build. I've tried Spear of the Magus, but just get killed super fast. Tried soul eater], but I don't have a whole lot of damage, I'm just a bit tanky. I've thought about using [[doom orb because it's cheap, or warlocks sash. But once I decide on one of these items, I'm not sure of what to grab next. Getting two different stacks is nice, but I'm still going to be squishy. I've seen in the guides that someone recommended reinforced boots, but to me, there isn't much to build off of after that.

I dunno, I might be a little crazy and sleep deprived, haha. What do you guys recommend?

xoatmealx

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » November 25, 2012 7:05am | Report
Try going mid with Hand of the Gods and Meditation. Immediately get the Protection Buff right when minions spawn. This will give you great defense early game (+50 physical/magical protection) and with Hel's heals will make you nigh unkillable. Continue to get Protection Buff everytime it respawns. This coupled w/ Meditation will give you almost limitless lane sustain.

After that I'd suggest either Doom Orb, Boots of the Magi or Spear of the Magus.

I don't particularly care for this strategy but it is trending right now because of the decisive advantage the Protection Buff gives early game. At the moment Protection Buff is OP, so this strategy should work or at least level the playing field against those that are using it.

In the next patch they are nerfing the Protection Buff so I don't know if this will work in the long run, but from what I've seen at the moment, it is a winning strategy.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xoatmealx » November 25, 2012 8:26am | Report
I'll give it a shot next game. I tend to build my characters as a support/tank, so when I go mid, I kinda mess up and lose my lane super quick.

xoatmealx

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » November 25, 2012 8:42am | Report
xoatmealx wrote:

I'll give it a shot next game. I tend to build my characters as a support/tank, so when I go mid, I kinda mess up and lose my lane super quick.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm so used to playing tanky/support characters that is difficult for me to play squishies.

Let me know how it works out for you! Hope it helps!

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }