Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Kali is irrelevant?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Kali is irrelevant? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by noctuum » May 12, 2013 8:03pm | Report
Kali is one of the oldest gods in smite, yes? Well i dont think she can keep up with the other gods anymore. she is sooooo squishy she can hardly lane, yes, she has good lifesteal, but that doesnt help her keep up with the dynamic styles of the new gods. Someone please prove me wrong or give me some tips to play her better or something. thanks.
Exclamatory! I'm so Adjective I Verb Nouns Adverbly.

IGN: BonyCrow
Add Me.

noctuum

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » May 12, 2013 9:20pm | Report
Well, this is why they did the whole kali change! It was a buff a while ago, because kali could only do good late game if she was fed. She had an amazing early to mid game, but not a great late game. Now shes much viable god being able to mid and jungle while still doing good in all stages of the game.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » May 12, 2013 10:19pm | Report
No. No. You're wrong, the only reason why Kali is so "bad" is because she couldn't contribute to team fights. She doesn't have any CCs, and like Bakasura, she had to be a janitor and clean the battlefield after everyone already fought. She can easily get a kill at level 5 too, on a squishy all the time. By going recalling, ganking from the forest. Going into Kali Rage then Blood Lash a few autohits, and Frenzy leaves the opponent at the most 1/3 of his or her health, if not, only a sliver left for Blood Lash to be up, a short instacast and they're dead.

There's no point for her buff, they should've made her somehow contribute to team fights with a little bit of CC, like Arachne's silence. I've been getting good scores with her for the past games of Kali I've played ever since this year started.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » May 13, 2013 3:17am | Report
Ragingstorm wrote:

No. No. You're wrong, the only reason why Kali is so "bad" is because she couldn't contribute to team fights. She doesn't have any CCs, and like Bakasura, she had to be a janitor and clean the battlefield after everyone already fought. She can easily get a kill at level 5 too, on a squishy all the time. By going recalling, ganking from the forest. Going into Kali Rage then Blood Lash a few autohits, and Frenzy leaves the opponent at the most 1/3 of his or her health, if not, only a sliver left for Blood Lash to be up, a short instacast and they're dead.

There's no point for her buff, they should've made her somehow contribute to team fights with a little bit of CC, like Arachne's silence. I've been getting good scores with her for the past games of Kali I've played ever since this year started.

I think something like a 5% slow that is multiplied by how many enemies in the circle would be fantastic for her. I already find it hard to run from her, so making it stack per god would make it useful in team fights but not a pain in the *** when trying to run from her.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Orbmaniac » May 13, 2013 6:05am | Report
kali is fine, me and f4lk3n use her in one of our main lanes, its so easy to snowball, and while she dont synergize well in a teamfight we rather use her as a "ganker"/"carry killer" making way for kali to get into the carries, as she pretty much lower them down to 20% with her 1+2+4.

what KD kali got in our last matches: (i added everyone i found in the last matches tab)
5-6 (that was my fault, i failed as tank in that game)
6-0 (ended 17 min in)
5-1 (we surrendered 11 min in, i dont remember why)
20-3 (ended 36 min in)
14-3 (ended 22 min in)

the current meta is just to tanky for kali to be a usuall pick, but she can be a strong counter pick VS very squishy teamcomps.
IGN: Orbmaniac
Proud member of Smitefire EU.

Orbmaniac

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 13, 2013 6:35am | Report
Kali isn't bad because she has no burst damage, but because she has no CC, lategame when CC is needed she just falls of. Early and mid game she can be usefull, but I think its not worthed.

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaden » May 14, 2013 5:21am | Report
kali is only bad if the player using her is a joke.
high burst dmg with good range, ludicrious sustain, speed and dmg steroid and aoe dmg.
if the speed wasnt high enough to get a kill, curse is godly strong at 5 secs or if you need a stun buy hog.

Kaden

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by vatechfan » July 3, 2013 4:52pm | Report
i find kali to be completely balenced with all the other gods that are assassins. I play kali like a beast in the jungle and i find her ganks to be so deadly with blood lash and her ult while her 1 is active so i feel like she is in tune just for the most part a misunderstood god with hidden potential as a great jungler. Once again i feel like people just need to experiment with stuff out of the meta as that is what makes me successful in Smite! I feel like gods like kali and bakasura will drift into the meta once people unlock the characters potential. This happened when shing went crazy and started playing Bastet and everybody jumped on the bandwagon and started to play Bastet because somebody who is good played her and found her potential
GIMME DAT JUNGLE ROLE :p

vatechfan

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }