Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Jungle: items and gods..

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Jungle: items and gods.. 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » October 26, 2012 1:49am | Report
Ok, I'm kinda new to Smite and haven't tried out the jungle yet. So I've got a few quetions about it. I've been playing LoL a lot (high elo) so I'd understand the importance of having a jungler in these kind of games.

Best gods suited for the jungle?
Best starting item in general?
Best jungle route in general?

Also, is Death's Toll and Hand of the Gods good jungle items?
Don't get me wrong, I'm just a handsome **********er

Slappiz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Odd Arcade » October 26, 2012 2:16am | Report
Okay, well the jungle as a role is chancging very drastically as the game goes on and who knows what will be a solid Meta for it, however (i understand your a high elo LoL player) but this may help you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA0LWoOMdjs&list=PL27BDF8E98ADE36EB&index=3&feature=plcp

And the items differ from god to god just as they do in smite. Try going jungle as Bakasura and taking a Soul Eater to try and learn the role. Taking Soul Eater makes the jungle very easy, quite quick and really sustainable.

As for Hand of the Gods, i still support it as a jungler as it gives the essence of security as so does smite in LoL. You can use it to secure the kill on camps/gold fury/fire giant.

As ive said, the problem at the moment is the jungle is changing all the time but the video should help. There is so many options you can take build wise though so try to experiment, see what you like and works for you.

Bakasura, Arachne, Bastet, Sun Wukong: All good junlgers

Best of luck, hope this helps

Odd Arcade
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 26, 2012 2:34am | Report
I agree with everything Odd just said. You are also correct in that having a jungler is a very good thing in these types of games. One thing that Odd had said is that the Meta is always changing and *****RIGHT NOW***** there is no use for one. The way buffs and XP camps are set up its better to win your lane and take the side jungles. Usually give your mid your blue, or invade enemy blue right off the bat, as in LoL.

The reason I say this is because the camps in the side jungles give such good buffs, and top XP and top gold. Right lane is the best one for this, as this is what happens.
Smite is a super fast paced game so if you can land an early kill, or push to the tower fast and then back up taking the 2 sides buffs Red and white, and then taking green. I cant give you a fold number as that is a bit too hard to nail down obviously, but then youll come back into lane at around level 4-5 while the other team is still at 2-3. You then have gold advantage as well. Can we say snowball? Yes yes we can because that is exactly what happens. Then you take that tower push to the next one and one of you roams to help left push and do the same thing over there only this time you take blue. Unless you want to take enemy green and then fall into blue and then into mid.

There are a few gods that will get gold fury (Dragon) right after that tower drops in right lane but most can not, specially since the girdle bug fix.

Anyway, as a LoL player you know that all of this can suddenly change and this entire post will be null and void, or that there are people that think this is not the right way to play. Either way as I tell everyone, look on my profile page for my Skype. Add me and yell at me if you need me fast about anything. My PM box is open as well but will take more time to get back to ya with that.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » October 29, 2012 12:09am | Report
Been trying out the jungle a few times now. It's a lot different compared to LoL but I liked it. Been playing Ymir as a jungler :)

Btw thanks for the advices, keep em coming
Don't get me wrong, I'm just a handsome **********er

Slappiz

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }