Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Joust Counter Team Help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Joust Counter Team Help 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by zkram » March 23, 2014 12:49pm | Report
Joust, three other friends (Team Blue) that have been playing since beta came out, so they are very skilled and knowledgeable, they challenge us to a joust. And my team of three (Team Red), we’ve been playing for a few weeks now and are fairly good. They want to basically humiliate us (be bullies lol), we believe this is unfair. So we are seeking advice or help to give them a challenge or win. They will be using Tyr, Hercules, and Ao Kuang. So they will be using some type of combo using Fearless and Earthbreaker idk. Reds best Gods of all time are Nemesis, Thanatos, Freya, Hun Batz, Hades, Ares, but we understand these gods may not be used against them.

zkram

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » March 23, 2014 1:47pm | Report
You want something to burst AO without being chain CCd by anything else - probably Loki
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » March 23, 2014 1:53pm | Report
Stuff like Guan and Isis (with the knock back immunity) could be good vs Tyr and Herc.

But getting beads and Magi's Blessing would be really important to.

Getting Pestilence to reduce healing for Tyr and Herc would be good as well + a Weakening Curse to be sure.

Be aware of Herc and his pull, either stay to close to him for him to pull or to far away :P

So I would maybe go for a Guan support and Isis as mage and a ADC or something (at least someone who can deal damage outside of Tyr and Herc's range and not something like Merc. Kali is always good in joust though if you are good with her).

GOOD LUCK! Hope you win ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 23, 2014 2:01pm | Report
I'd suggest someone who can stick to ao well and kill him - Thanatos, Mercury, Loki, and Fenrir can all easily 100-0 an Ao. Nemesis can also do very well with her ult countering his slither.

Then they have two bruisers that can dive sort of well, but note they only have one ranged. Pick a high damage magical tank, such as Athena, to peel for a hunter who can safely escape Tyr, such as Neith, Cupid, or what I suggest, Ullr. You can then rot towers if you kill ao and push to tower, but they can't do the same. Ullr+Any of the assassins will clear a wave too, with athena's shield wall.

I think that'll be your best bet if you know the gods well. Range > Bruisers, and Assassin > Ao Kuang.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 23, 2014 2:04pm | Report
*OOH AND KALI FOR ASSASSINS. WAVECLEAR AND SUPER SHRED LATE GAME*
if you get a kali to 4+ items, it's over
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » March 23, 2014 2:12pm | Report
So, your actives will be very important here. Either Purification Beads for Tyr hercules or Aegis for Hercules and Ao Kuang. Since you can hear when Ao or Herc ults, just pop your aegis and you're good haha. If you're going as a bruiser or tank try to get Magi's Blessing for Tyr's knockups.

Try to get a magical guardian as Raventhor said and a nice ranged hunter, what they're lacking. Make sure to get some penetration as no doubt Hercules and Tyr won't be that squishy. Most likely Hercules will be the tankiest of all but you never know lol. Then your third god should probably be a mage.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by zkram » March 23, 2014 5:05pm | Report
Thank you everyone! :) what if they switch Ao Kuang to Chang'e?

zkram

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » March 24, 2014 2:22pm | Report
Idk... maybe check one of your other threads where you ask exactly the same thing...?

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » March 31, 2014 4:13pm | Report
Pestilence and weakening curse should DESTROY a team with herc, tyr and chang'e. Athena is quite good to take herc and tyr out the way while you burst the remaining one to shreds.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }