Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Item Discussions: O-Bow vs. Ichaival

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Item Discussions: O-Bow vs. Ichaival 17 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 2, 2014 10:34pm | Report
*viable

There's technically a lot of items. Just not many good ones.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 2, 2014 11:08pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Ravenous Hydra. Junglers and top laners alike would literally laugh at anyone who thought of using it. Only one pro jungler seriously did - Brokenshard. And people mocked him for picking it up on Kha'Zix. And then suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, everyone did. This was before the Bloodthirster changes, too. Nothing at all changed, people just finally decided to test it out, and it was suddenly the go-to lifesteal item for junglers, since most were AD casters with nothing to do between abilities.

What the hell are you talking about? Ravenous Hydra was always good. People always use something more often because a streamer/youtuber/popular person uses it, but he didn't turn a garbage item into a good one. RH was always good, and never seen as "garbage." Maybe at lower divisions, people thought it was bad, because active items don't exist below silver.

And Bloodthirster has always been used fairly often throughout its history, both before and after the rework. There was a lag when it got changed, yeah, but there's always a testing phase when an item is changed. It's never suddenly changed from nothing to everything.

Also, you got it wrong, BotRK was the go-to LS item for junglers. Seriously, WTF? Why the **** would you miss out killing Dragon and Baron way faster?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 2, 2014 11:37pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? Ravenous Hydra was always good. People always use something more often because a streamer/youtuber/popular person uses it, but he didn't turn a garbage item into a good one. RH was always good, and never seen as "garbage." Maybe at lower divisions, people thought it was bad, because active items don't exist below silver.

And Bloodthirster has always been used fairly often throughout its history, both before and after the rework. There was a lag when it got changed, yeah, but there's always a testing phase when an item is changed. It's never suddenly changed from nothing to everything.

Also, you got it wrong, BotRK was the go-to LS item for junglers. Seriously, WTF? Why the **** would you miss out killing Dragon and Baron way faster?

Ravenous Hydra started out bad. Tiamat was previously a cheese item that was bought on things like Fiora and Shyvana for their multi-hit capabilities, and that was the only use for it, for ***** and giggles.

When the rework of the item came along, people realised their cheese strategies didn't work anymore, and wrote the item off as one of those items that were 'meh' as it didn't serve the previous 'function' of the item at all. RT is right in saying that Brokenshard was the one that was able to breathe new life into what the item should be used for, extra burst and faster clears. It's like a lot of new things, bad until people actually figure out their uses, and then they become good. It's pretty much like new champs such as Azir, Lucian and Nami.

BotRK isn't the go to lifesteal item, it's the go to item for auto-attack based tank junglers to be able to have some threat with damage while being able to build straight tank, as well as junglers who have a more difficult time reaching and sticking onto a target. RT is more for fast clears and burst. If people want sustain, they get a jungle item.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 2, 2014 11:38pm | Report
Ravenous Hydra wasn't always good, it was only popularized about halfway through season 3. There were actively casters laughing at Brokenshard for using it, which is why I brought up the example, heh.

Also a lot of junglers atm aren't AA based, like Kha, Lee Sin (despite needing to weave for passive, he's still a caster), etc, so I think more junglers pick up RH over BotRK. I know the shred is good but the meta doesn't have many AA based compared to casters.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 2, 2014 11:52pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

*viable

There's technically a lot of items. Just not many good ones.

I personally think this has to do with the complete damage split between magical and pysical.

I mean it pretty much cuts away half the damaging items magical could use for the raw stats and some of the passives weren't half bad either for them before the split.

I personally was never a fan of splitting the 2 damage types even in basic attacks, i feel it takes out option you have for cool things like face punch ymir my own pysiedon.
They were cheese sure but god were they fun to carry with.
But splitting this also removes new god design's thate use split damage or pysical damage that scales of off magical power which is a little bit sad.

@ryan. I can't really translate what sub wrote as he has written a perfect translation to smite or league terms. He didn't even use the term haste.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 2, 2014 11:55pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

@ryan. I can't really translate what sub wrote as he has written a perfect translation to smite or league terms. He didn't even use the term haste.

I was...joking...
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 3, 2014 12:57am | Report
Oh... I did not notice...
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }