Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How are certain skills prioritized? (Dash vs grab)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » How are certain skills prioritized? (Dash vs grab) 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 6, 2013 5:18am | Report
Out of curiosity, how does Smite prioritize skills? Assuming that there's a sort of hierarchy in place, rather than "if skill A was used after skill B" in order, would a dash take precedence over a grab?

The skills in question: Fearless (assault stance) on Tyr vs. Special Delivery on Mercury, as an example. If I were in the middle of Fearless and Mercury came in with his 3, would I dash him away like every other god? Or would he interrupt my dash and grab me instead?

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 6, 2013 6:21am | Report
Dunno, but I've always pondered on these things. Same with a He Bo vs a He Bo using Tidal Wave, if they are hitting each other with same angle of impact, who hits who, and if they both hit while on low hp, would they both die?

Arachne ult vs Arachne ult raises a simlair question, unless it gives CC immunity for the duration of the pull - I can't remember.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 6, 2013 6:28am | Report
It would depend on when in the dash you are I think (I've been knocked out of Special Delivery by Tyr, but I've also taken Tyr out of Fearless with Special Delivery). So my guess is that if Tyr is at the point where he is supposed to knock you up he will be prioritized, it might also just depend on the angle of the dashes.

Would love to test it out if anyone want's to join me on Dolby and try it out, I'll be on in like an hour :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 6, 2013 6:29am | Report
I wish there was a definitive word on this from HiRez. Not that it's any kind of "need to know" thing, it would just help in certain situations to know for sure that you have a skill that could straight up counter another god's skill. I see Mercury counter so much stuff with his grab, I want to see someone bounce it back on him for once.

And yeah, I've hit Mercury with Fearless while he used Special Delivery on me from straight ahead and it picked him up. Maybe it's dependent on the angle he comes at you from.

I'd be willing to test it sometime when I'm next online.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }