Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help me understand how to build and play Geb

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Help me understand how to build and play Geb 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by jthamind » July 24, 2014 1:00pm | Report
for the past few months, the only guardian i had was Ymir. he's pretty fun (especially when i can build some offense), but i felt like i needed more of a pure support tank as backup just in case. so i bought Geb, because i heard he was one of the best tanks in the game, if not the best.

so, i tried him out in a couple arena matches today (arena is where i try to get a feel for a god), and i did terrible. our team lost both matches by a lot, and i didn't really feel effective. i know it's just arena, but i've used Ymir in arena before as our frontline and did well. with Geb, i was terrible.

i don't know if i had a good build either; i was just using one i found on this site. it seemed like it would be effective, but i'd like some general advice on how to build Geb. i know there isn't one build to rule them all for any character, but just an overall example build would be helpful. that way i can understand what works well on him and tweak it when necessary, based on game type, my team and the enemy team, etc.

also, do you have any advice on how to play Geb? it's weird, because as tanky as he was supposed to be, i felt really squishy compared to when i use Ymir. but again, i was probably just doing things wrong. especially since i'm not used to using guardians in arena anyways.

jthamind

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 25, 2014 12:54am | Report
The build is pretty similar to Ymir, even actives ( Greater Blink and Hand of the Gods).

You go watchers/mark with either midas or shoes of focus/magi (midas is safer and a must have if you go mark).

Sovereignty after boots and HOG3 (HOG3 can be skipped).

And then you just build the stuff you like for support.
Urchin etc.

As for playing Geb. Use the 2 knockup for pealing and setting up kills. Save the shield for emergencies and for cleansing CC. Use the blink and ult in teamfights and for setting up kills (great for GF and FG fights).

Rollout is great for rotating mid camps and for ganking. But it's hard to hit because it is so easy to dodge.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }