Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hel in theory?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Hel in theory? 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaishinamon » December 20, 2013 2:36am | Report
In theory can Hel play all roles? I've played her mid and solo lane mainly, because of that great heal i've played her in the support duo lane occasionally, but i have yet to try her in jungle.

In theory can she jungle? Has anyone tried? She has heal and later levels her 3 does loads of damage depending on the build. I know she is so weak early game, but once she gets a few items shes a monster. My concern is shes slow and only 3 damaging abilities and one slow, so her gank potential may be lacking early game before she bursts.

Also side question whats more preferred a support healer like Hel Ra Aphrodite or support tank Sobek Athena Bacchus

I usually pick mage support if solo lane is physical and tank support if solo lane is a mage.

Kaishinamon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 20, 2013 2:40am | Report
I have, worked pretty well, but your early game is a huge pain and ganking someone like Agni or Sun Wukong is pretty much impossible.

I build her as a support bursty bruiser. Yes, Hel can be all three, because she's Hel.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 20, 2013 2:42am | Report
she can't play adc so you auto lose because that is a role hel can't play. :D

jokes a side. everygod can play support, solo and close to all can play jungle so you are not wrong, hel is just not special.

its more about what god can do which role BETTER.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 20, 2013 2:46am | Report
She can jungle...but why? That's the short answer. With the jungling items and routes in smite, literally anyone can jungle, but there's reasons why people don't, and shouldn't.

Hel can jungle moderately well, but her ganks are iffy, with only a slow to provide CC and damage that requires very close proximity (unless you consider her linear, moderate speed shot enough to kill someone). Her ganks are subpar, so she doesn't really shine until teamfights.

The problem with that, is junglers are REQUIRED to be early game threats to provide gank pressure to let their lanes win. Junglers that are ONLY good in teamfights are useless - they aren't good until teamfights, and by then their team has lost heavily enough to not be useful in teamfights.

But as far as a jungler, and not a ganker, goes...she's "ok"

Support tanks are more required. They are needed to tank shots and provide initiation. Supports go mid because they undoubtedly have sustain (Aphro, Chang'e, Ra, and Hel all have heals), whlie putting out a decent amount of damage. Aphro suffers from losing her passive and secondary abilities, but she can live ok. Supports almost always need to actually be tanks though, especially to tank Gold Fury once the long lane tower is taken.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaishinamon » December 20, 2013 2:52am | Report
Ok i suppose all gods can play in all positions. Hel to me feels strong in all, may not be the best in all but her effectiveness doesn't seem to drop too much wherever shes played. I'm trying to find a good all rounder XD Just wanted to see if shes viable in the Jungle, but im comfortable with Athena support and jungle, but i'm yet to learn the jungle role XD

Thanks for the feedback!

Kaishinamon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 20, 2013 2:54am | Report
No problem. My suggestion is instead of trying to play one god in all roles, master a select few gods. So you've got Hel. Pick up a nice tank, a carry, and an assassin, and you should be set.

Neith and Athena are solid choices for the first two that don't seem to ever lose their viability due to their kit. Assassins (or junglers in general) include Ne Zha, Thor, Mercury, Loki, and Hun Batz, if you desire.

That way if you decide to go into ranked and a god gets banned out, you have a fall back.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 20, 2013 6:17am | Report
The main things that matter when picking a jungle is having an initiate and an escape. Neither of which Hel has (bar her speed buff). She can be destroyed in 1v1 by most "usual" jungle gods, which is also a weakness that will definitely be exploited by the enemy jungle. She simply can't outheal an assassin's damage without having a tower or somewhere safe to get to first either (most assassins are built to "stick" to people, combined with typically incredibly high basic attack damage = casters are easy targets).

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 20, 2013 11:58am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

She can jungle...but why?

This might not be helpful, but she's the only jungler who can conceivably heal any lanes she's passing through, and any 2 v 2 teamfights she's in (mid furies) are likely to end in her favor.

I mean, imagine requesting a heal, and 10-20 seconds later you recover 15-25% of your health, virtually free of charge. That's pretty darn powerful.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Siinrajiaal » December 21, 2013 6:58pm | Report
Like Subzero008 said, I wouldn't be too quick to devalue a good heal. Technically a Gank isn't a kill or even damage to the enemy, it's about shaking things up and shifting the odds. A really good hill could be just what was needed.

Not to mention any other Magic characters could easily benefit just from her 2.

Hi guys. Just liked this topic, as I'm a fan of Hel. :D

Siinrajiaal

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 21, 2013 7:21pm | Report
I've only played a few games with her as Jungler, and I'm not an experience jungler, myself. The main problem with her is that her intiation is poor, and her early game clear and mana consumption is horrid. However, if her allies in the lane she's ganking can initiate well, or are good tower divers, then she can really put the hurting on the enemy team. In addition, her ability to keep lanes sustaining with her heals in unique and very powerful, and she transitions into late-game far better than many assassins.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }