Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hastened Fatalis - Who and When?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Hastened Fatalis - Who and When? 20 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 25, 2013 3:13pm | Report
So this item has made me cry in pure bliss. The length is very short, and requires you to not miss to keep it up, but if you land a few hits you just run circles around people. Additionally, if you're faster than your enemy (Artemis with her speed buff comes to mind), they have two choices: Run in a straight line and have you keep hitting them, and eventually catch up, or swerve side to side, and just slow their escape route down.

So what are your thoughts on the item? Who should build it, and when? Does it deserve the hype it's getting?

Personally, I think this singlehandedly made carries ridiculously strong, and made Freya able to kill anything that comes near her.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tantal » October 25, 2013 4:15pm | Report
Old one is better for Freya in my eyes. It's good for some gods but you sell PP for utility.

Tantal

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » October 25, 2013 5:17pm | Report
Hastened Fatalis on Bakasura = Nightmare that came to life.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 25, 2013 5:21pm | Report
Tantal wrote:

Old one is better for Freya in my eyes. It's good for some gods but you sell PP for utility.

The problem with going normal Fatalis on Freya is that it is easier to be juked, and if you miss one pulse the extra dps you get from the attack speed on the old one is wasted. And if you go Hasted Fatalis, you basically can't miss :P

But I know what you mean, the attack speed bonus is really really strong (at least early-mid game).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tantal » October 25, 2013 6:00pm | Report
Buff duration of good old fatalis is 3 sec - new one is one sec.

It's allows to kite, it's better to escape or dodge skills and and you get 15% AS on top.

Tantal

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 26, 2013 4:05am | Report
Tantal wrote:

It's allows to kite, it's better to escape or dodge skills and and you get 15% AS on top.

Not really, because you lose movement speed while attacking, so you have more movement speed with the new one (as long as you hit ofc.

I was negative to the Hasted fatalis on Freya as well, but after playing with it about 5 times I can at least say that I would never pick the old over the new one on her :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by YamiPrem » October 26, 2013 8:31am | Report
Vamana's ult needed this item... :)

YamiPrem

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tantal » October 26, 2013 9:23am | Report

Not really, because you lose movement speed while attacking, so you have more movement speed with the new one (as long as you hit ofc.

I was negative to the Hasted fatalis on Freya as well, but after playing with it about 5 times I can at least say that I would never pick the old over the new one on her :P

You move backwards during kiting and that without backpedal penalty via old Fatalis but 10% MS & additional 15% passive MS. That's enough to kite with GoI.

If your opponent jumps/dash/sprint/what ever away - both are no great help. With the old one you have at least the additional 15% MS for 3 sec.

I prefer the new fatalis on melee gods but I will test it more next days.

Tantal

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 26, 2013 12:49pm | Report
It depends also on how you play her. as jungle I would go Hasted with leaning Freya I would go the normal one I think ;-)

Edit:
Keep forgetting that Arena is a thing now. So in arena the old one is superior :-)

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 30, 2013 9:40pm | Report
The new fatalis is basically a chasing item in my eyes as the old fatalis is more of a item you use if you plan on staying on your opponent.

If you are going to hit them over and over and they can't get away get the old fatalis.

if you need to keep up chasing them go with the newer one.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }