Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Duo jungle: Is it a thing?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Duo jungle: Is it a thing? 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » April 20, 2014 5:47pm | Report
Let's talk about it. Is it something to consider or just a fail tactic? What team comp is best suited for it?
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shorlong » April 20, 2014 9:49pm | Report
I would say no. I haven't played for long, and this is my first MOBA, however, from what I can tell, there just doesn't seem to be enough XP to go around if two people are farming. Not to mention you would have to have three solo'ers....just doesn't seem like it could work......

Shorlong

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » April 20, 2014 10:44pm | Report
I did that once. Some guy autolocked (and I did too, admittedly) and refused to do anything but jungle even though I called it first, so we just went for it. It actually didn't work out too badly, we ended up winning. It was just tough to farm up for us, and our ADC needed a lot of help early-game.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » April 20, 2014 11:06pm | Report
Why not make a strategy for Duo jungling? Like say: One jungler buys eye. He puts up wards on the enemy's jungle side. He rotates from duo to mid camps when they're about to get up, using only his HoG for the quick farm. Then if possible pick up the enemy's camps when they're up or gank the other jungler. Two junglers ganking one is almost a guaranteed kill.

For the solo jungler. He'd have to keep buying wards. There will also be a LOT of rotating if the opposing team has two junglers.

Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » April 20, 2014 11:41pm | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Why not make a strategy for Duo jungling? Like say: One jungler buys eye. He puts up wards on the enemy's jungle side. He rotates from duo to mid camps when they're about to get up, using only his HoG for the quick farm. Then if possible pick up the enemy's camps when they're up or gank the other jungler. Two junglers ganking one is almost a guaranteed kill.

For the solo jungler. He'd have to keep buying wards. There will also be a LOT of rotating if the opposing team has two junglers.

It could work, but then you wouldn't have a tank, unless a tank would go solo.
For duo jungle, you'd need a pure damage assassin and an assassin (or maybe a warrior, Tyr anyone?) with good CC ( Ne Zha for example) so you can support the adc while you aren't rotating.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » April 20, 2014 11:58pm | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Double jungle on their side and steal their buffs, this way if their jungler wants to fight they will lose a 1v2 and if they want to bring help that will cause the other lanes to suffer as well as you can just run away once help starts coming, then go back to trolling, eventually their jungler will have to let you farm their camps unless he wants to get gang banged by that duo jungle comp

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » April 21, 2014 12:53am | Report
I feel like this can be an actual (optional) meta. I like that one jungler should be CC orientated. Like Tyr would be best suited for it. But, the problem is: What if both teams duo jungle? Then both the 2nd jungler would stalk mid and solo or duo. Should be the CC jungler.
Maybe one or both junglers would stalk the lanes for some xp. 1st jungler long and mid. and the 2nd solo and mid. Gives mid a VERY dangerous place to over extend.

Also. One jungler should get tele to gods OR rank 3 tele for the wards. And what would be great with that tactic is that any lane can place a ward behind the enemy for a quick gank. That would be a nice tactic. Place a ward that they wouldn't see behind them then let Tyr tele in for the kill.

A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » April 21, 2014 1:15am | Report
This actually seems pretty cool...
We could try it in conq premade sometime.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShinjiEvangelio » April 21, 2014 2:02am | Report
1. One of the most important things in current meta are mid harpies. Duo jungle does not bring anything more than current meta to contest them.

2. As someone pointed out, it's difficult to play double jungle with tank, tank is extremely important part of the team not only because he soacks up dmage but also to contest objectives (FG, GF, mid harpies) and tank towers (which, from my experience, is really the biggest issue of team without a full tank).

3. You think you can "outward" enemy jungler by using this strategy. Indeed in casual conquest that might be true but good players know that every team member needs to ward and good teams usually have their whole jungle covered with wards.

4. Counterjungling is a serious thing but you cant just farm in the jungle all the time, you also need to contest objectives, gank (especially duo lane where your ADC struggles 1v2). If duo jungle doesn't get many kills they will soon fall behind in exp and gold.

I think that duo jungle is fun tactic which can surprise casual players but it won't work against good opponents and it's not a viable tactic for league or tournaments.

ShinjiEvangelio

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » April 21, 2014 5:30am | Report
I think that it could be fun, but it is also highly illogical, a duo junglier would bring nothing to the team, in fact it would be bad for the team, the carry wouldn't have a support and the two jungles would be stealing experience from each other. It wouldn't be a duo jungle but a jungled and an extreme roamer, the roamer would constantly be invading, and providing support to the 3 lanes when needed.
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }