Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dealing with a Hel?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Dealing with a Hel? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mlyn148 » August 5, 2014 11:33pm | Report
I'm semi new to Smite, I've been playing for almost half a year now, and I've always had a struggle against one god:
Hel.

Does anyone have good tips to shutting her down? I often have trouble killing one especially if it has Magi's Blessing, as then I often can't stun it and finish it off like you would with your basic Anubis combo.

My main problem is that I get in a big skirmish with one, I take a load of damage and so does Hel, but then it heals and it's like I never even touched it. Pretty much I've seen a Hel fight against a whole team alone and win.

So does anyone have any strategies for taking her down? Any tips would be appreciated :)

mlyn148

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » August 6, 2014 12:54am | Report
Hel is a burst mage with high sustain. You can't be indecisive about fighting her. You either go in with full power, or don't. If you just play pokey-pokey with her, she'll heal back up all the damage she has taken while you stay with half HP.

Abuse her early game. She has one of the worst early games in SMITE. She has low health, incredibly low mobility, and her damage isn't so terrifying. Be aggressive towards her, and ask from your jungler for a lot of ganks.

Stay away from her when she clears the wave. You'll just take unnecessary poke. Wait for her to use Repulse, then clear.

If you can constantly poke her without taking any damage, you can get her to deplete her mana very, very quickly.

After she has used her abilities, you have a clear go. Granted, her cooldowns are fairly low, but against a god as squishy as Hel, 3-4 seconds is more than enough.

Late game, your team will need Weakening Curse to prevent her healing. Otherwise, she'll heal herself and all of her team. You can also get Divine Ruin and Brawler's Beat Stick to aid.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mlyn148 » August 6, 2014 9:07am | Report
Jordenito wrote:

Hel is a burst mage with high sustain. You can't be indecisive about fighting her. You either go in with full power, or don't. If you just play pokey-pokey with her, she'll heal back up all the damage she has taken while you stay with half HP.

Abuse her early game. She has one of the worst early games in SMITE. She has low health, incredibly low mobility, and her damage isn't so terrifying. Be aggressive towards her, and ask from your jungler for a lot of ganks.

Stay away from her when she clears the wave. You'll just take unnecessary poke. Wait for her to use Repulse, then clear.

If you can constantly poke her without taking any damage, you can get her to deplete her mana very, very quickly.

After she has used her abilities, you have a clear go. Granted, her cooldowns are fairly low, but against a god as squishy as Hel, 3-4 seconds is more than enough.

Late game, your team will need Weakening Curse to prevent her healing. Otherwise, she'll heal herself and all of her team. You can also get Divine Ruin and Brawler's Beat Stick to aid.

Thanks for the advice! These tips will definitely help.

mlyn148

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 6, 2014 10:45am | Report
also an Osiris ult can be very annoying for her healing.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » August 6, 2014 2:37pm | Report
https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/basic-healing-reductions-guide-2874

^This guide is great for having a look through. A tiny bit outdated because TT has been busy, but for the most part, it's spot on. Isn't directed just toward Hel, but it's great to have knowledge about healing reduction because if you can reduce or completely shut down a healer's healing, you'll have an immense advantage over them.

As for Hel specifically, Jordenito hit it spot on. It's important that you go in when you can metaphorically, and even literally, do the most damage to her. Pokes don't mean anything to her unless she runs out of mana.

Also, if at all possible, she needs to be the main focus in team fights because she will sustain the **** out of her team.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }