Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Correct use of Ymir Ult

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Correct use of Ymir Ult 20 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tairyhesticle » May 2, 2013 12:45pm | Report
With the new Creeping Curse at level 3, you can freeze > curse > ult and only gods with a jump/dash not on cooldown will be able to escape.

I'm not exactly sure how movement speed debuffs work, do they stack? Do they reduce based on current speed or "normal" speed? Though it does seem like it will take the greatest reduction (ex. creeping curse's 50% over the ult's 30%).

Tairyhesticle

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by OGreatFox » May 2, 2013 1:33pm | Report
I've always used the ult with the wall, freeze, then body block, and only use it if I can body block or force them to go towards my team. In laning phase I won't put points into it if they opponents have leaps. So, yeah, it's pretty situational. But I bet you a good Ymir player is one who can use their ultimate correctly, which is essentially body blocking and timing.
Meow.

OGreatFox

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Brawlerella » May 7, 2013 8:21pm | Report
I have a hard time hitting the ult too, usually I save it for saving someone. Like previous posters said, when someone sees a Ymir ult, they tend to run (and not always in a healthy direction).

Brawlerella

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » May 7, 2013 8:26pm | Report
What's up with the necroing on this thread lately...?
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Brawlerella » May 7, 2013 8:34pm | Report
I didn't even notice it was old, I was just looking for somewhere to put my first post and I play Ymir a lot lately.

Brawlerella

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » May 7, 2013 8:44pm | Report
It's fine, it's just the date that this was created occurred a long time ago.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » May 7, 2013 8:58pm | Report
Brawlerella, if you weren't new I would say DAMN YOU FOR NECRO-ING!

But since you're not... hi.

Yes, people run when they see Ymir Ult, but for a good reason: It is one of the highest damage-dealing Ults in the game.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Brawlerella » May 7, 2013 9:03pm | Report
Feeling like such a noob right now, lol! I may be new to this forum, but not the entire internet, I should know to check for necro threads by now. XD

Brawlerella

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 7, 2013 10:59pm | Report
Brawlerella wrote:

Feeling like such a noob right now, lol! I may be new to this forum, but not the entire internet, I should know to check for necro threads by now. XD

Nah, feel free to necro whatever you want. I don't care, Raging does xD

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RichardMcNixon » May 9, 2013 10:21am | Report
There's 3 situations where i am most likely to land an ult

1. Gold Fury / Fire Giant battles - literally just run in and ult - wall off if you're that insecure, but you can take out an entire team like that if you're lucky (hehehe)

2. Jungle chasing - drop a good blocking wall and ult. rarely will they get out of this one

3. Teamfights - run just past the enemy (you're tank, you don't matter right?) and ult. forces the enemies without leaps to go *into* your teammates in order to avoid it

also works as a great deterrent for zoning an enemy - tank a phoenix and ult so your teammates can tear it down etc.

And agreed on the jungle clearing.

RichardMcNixon

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }