Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Chronos - How to Clear Waves

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Chronos - How to Clear Waves 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » February 24, 2014 9:58am | Report
I have just recently had the most glorious revelation of all time.
That there's actually a good way to clear waves with Chronos. And it doesn't consume half of your mana or demands you to buy HoG.

I'm not sure if some of you already knew it, or if it was 'discovered' by anyone else; but let's get to business.

As we all know, Chronos has rough wave clear. Stop Time and Time Rift aren't that good for clearing waves and you must be in the second quarter of your passive after activating Accelerate to maintain your mana.

Most people would either activate Accelerate on the mana-refund quarter, and just auto attack, use Stop Time once and Time Rift once. Some like to level Stop Time since it hits the entire wave and its cooldown scales as well, and some like to level up Time Rift because it guarantees more burst and ensures to kill the archer minions etc.

But I say, stop the arguments!

The mana-refund duration after activating Accelerate is 7 seconds. Now, it's really simple math - instead of activating Accelerate and then trying to stack the minion wave by auto attacking, then using Stop Time so that Time Rift could hit them all:

YOU CAN JUST USE 2 Time Rifts!

Why? because the cooldown on it is 5 seconds, and Accelerate is 7 seconds. So you can actually clear waves by:
Accelerate > Time Rift > Stop Time > Time Rift

You activate your 2, then immediately throw TR at the minion wave, use ST, auto attack until TR get off cooldown and use it again.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » February 24, 2014 10:23am | Report
Interesting, it does cost a bit more mana though not that 17 mana is a lot :P

Have to say I never play Chronos, so I have no idea how good it would work and how much the extra 17 mana does to your sustain :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » February 24, 2014 10:52am | Report
Don't forget that you have your blue buff and the time between waves for MP5 and last hits with Vampiric Shroud.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » February 25, 2014 2:08pm | Report
Jordenito wrote:

I have just recently had the most glorious revelation of all time.
That there's actually a good way to clear waves with Chronos. And it doesn't consume half of your mana or demands you to buy HoG.

I'm not sure if some of you already knew it, or if it was 'discovered' by anyone else; but let's get to business.

As we all know, Chronos has rough wave clear. Stop Time and Time Rift aren't that good for clearing waves and you must be in the second quarter of your passive after activating Accelerate to maintain your mana.

Most people would either activate Accelerate on the mana-refund quarter, and just auto attack, use Stop Time once and Time Rift once. Some like to level Stop Time since it hits the entire wave and its cooldown scales as well, and some like to level up Time Rift because it guarantees more burst and ensures to kill the archer minions etc.

But I say, stop the arguments!

The mana-refund duration after activating Accelerate is 7 seconds. Now, it's really simple math - instead of activating Accelerate and then trying to stack the minion wave by auto attacking, then using Stop Time so that Time Rift could hit them all:

YOU CAN JUST USE 2 Time Rifts!

Why? because the cooldown on it is 5 seconds, and Accelerate is 7 seconds. So you can actually clear waves by:
Accelerate > Time Rift > Stop Time > Time Rift

You activate your 2, then immediately throw TR at the minion wave, use ST, auto attack until TR get off cooldown and use it again.

I've only played Chronos twice, but this is what I did for both games. It just seemed like the logical thing to do. Didn't even know there was an argument on this.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }