Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

CC level

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » CC level 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 15, 2013 9:08am | Report
So, we have a lot of CC but we have't make how good this kind of CC. To give score, write the name of CC first then put stars on right of it to say how good it is.

Stun : ***** (ymir's frost breath)
Root : *** (neith's spirit arrow)
Pull (to middle of ability) : *** (poseidon whirlpool, hades ult)
Pull (to you) : ***** (arachne's ult, Ares's ult)
Knock up : ** (he bo 3)
Knock away : * (anhur's spear (if not stunned)
Silence : **** (isis' 3)
Cripple : **** (arachne's 3)
Low slow X<25% : * (freya's 2 without gem)
Medium slow X=25%/25<X<50%/x=50% : ** (freya's 2 with gem)
Hard slow : X>50% : *** (aoo's squall with gem)

That's my list, tell me if I forget something (it's night and I always forget something at night) and post your thought here as well

Edit : Mesmerize : **
Banish : ***
Taunt : *****
Fear : ****

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » August 15, 2013 11:05am | Report
Frost Breath too stronk.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 15, 2013 11:53am | Report
Fear, mez and banish is missing :p
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 15, 2013 2:34pm | Report

Fear, mez and banish is missing :p

and dont for get that darn taunt.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 15, 2013 2:51pm | Report
You can't rank it, because some stuns last a half second (Armillary Sash) and some can last 2 1/2 seconds (Frost Breath).

It's all about length. I don't mind being stunned for a half second, but after 3 seconds it's bad, obviously. Making it hard to 'rank' cc unless we assume they're all the same duration.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 15, 2013 5:34pm | Report
I know they have the same duration, but let's compare it if the CCes have the same duration (the stun stays for 2s, the slow stays for 2 s, the mes stay for 2 s

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 15, 2013 5:43pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

I know they have the same duration, but let's compare it if the CCes have the same duration (the stun stays for 2s, the slow stays for 2 s, the mes stay for 2 s

In that case, the rankings are as follows, with very brief reasoning
Stun - COMPLETE loss of control, can't use aegis, etc.
Knockup - Reason as above, but hard to aim, and always short duration
Taunt - effectively a stun with repositioning factor, but not always good
Pull to you - always accompanied by another type of CC
Fear - hard to use well for CC
Root on Melee = Cripple on people with jump = Silence on casters
Mesmerize (broken by damage but good for repositioning)
Banish - free aegis but ^
Hard Slow
Knock Away
Pull to ability
Any other slow
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 17, 2013 9:49am | Report
I wish they'd turn ymir back to what he was before...

1. Wall could not be walked through. A good ymir had to spin around really quick, throw a wall up, and then turn around again to evade people in the jungle. Not just troll walk into the jungle. Further, it actually makes the ability harder to use to hawk people down since most enemies will walk RIGHT through the wall unless you're basically so close that its not that useful.

3. Freeze breath needs to do 2.5 seconds of stun... not 2.2 and it needs to do no damage. The reason is that ymir doesn't need the damage and more importantly, the stun was more useful when it didn't do damage because you only draw aggro from minions and towers when you do damage. Ymirs could tower dive, stun and then walk out of a tower without taking any damage. Its fair.

4. Something needs to be done about this ult. Given all the escapes, CC immunity, and other issues this ult is just not effective. They need to let you detonate early for reduced damage or something. Very importantly, you should not be able to leap straight up in that ult and take no damage.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 17, 2013 10:02am | Report
I think ymir is good where he is now

1. It's kinda okay you can walk over it. It have con with that. If you think you don't need to see back, but you didn't realized you are slowed, you can't walk over it and instead doing suicide

2. 2.2 and 2.5 is not a big difference and all in all ymir need that damage to have poke, his 2 is easy to dodge

3. His ulti is a high risk high reward. With it, if you don't hit, it is not useful but still good since you waste enemies escape or their positioning. If it hits, it is very good. Fist it deals massive damage, slow and bad positioning. All in all, this one is good in teamfight for distraction. Maybe to make it better, deal less damage but lower cooldown and higher slow

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 17, 2013 6:34pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

I think ymir is good where he is now

1. It's kinda okay you can walk over it. It have con with that. If you think you don't need to see back, but you didn't realized you are slowed, you can't walk over it and instead doing suicide

Typically wrong actually... you are slowed but if you were able to enter the wall you can typically push through it. It just takes longer. Do not stop pushing forward when you get slowed and you'll usually go through it even if HEAVILY slowed. The important thing is entering the wall immediately after it is put up. As long as that happens it really doesn't matter how slow you are.

Quoted:
2. 2.2 and 2.5 is not a big difference and all in all ymir need that damage to have poke, his 2 is easy to dodge

If its not a huge difference then you won't mind changing it back to 2.5.

The only reason to disagree is if you actually do think its a big difference and were telling me an "untruth".

In my opinion, CC is geometically useful based on the duration. That is to say, a 1 second stun is more then twice as useful as a .5 second stun. A 2 second stun is more then twice as useful as a 1 second stun. Etc. It is not a linear function.

As such, a .3 second difference and be critical especially since for ymir his stun sets up all his other damage. Ymir really only has his stun. That's it. And f'ing him on his stun f's him.

What's more, there is so much CC immunity in this game now that ymir is practically useless against any but complete ***hats. Baka is immune in is ult. Anhur is immune in his ult. Xbal is immune every time he dashes. There's so much that its really ruined the god.

The game is really profoundly badly balanced and it comes clear with issues like this... really, with every patch the game's balance seems to get worse. The balance of about november of last year was pretty decent. Prior to stats and focus. After that it was all down hill and quickly.

Quoted:
3. His ulti is a high risk high reward.

Nonsense. Lots of other gods have more damaging abilities that trigger more quickly and often have powerful CC components.

Sobek's ult for example does nearly as much damage and grants sobek mobility while he does it allowing him to have an additional escape ability.

Ymir really has no escapes which means he has to commit to everything. That would be fine if the armor were uncapped and his stun were unnerfed. Ymir was a boss. He'd go into a nasty situation, eat the focus of a whole team, and survive it.

Now though? Armor has been nerfed. Armor pen has been buffed. His CC has been nerfed. And CC immunity has been buffed.

Used to be a big fan of ymir. But he's trash now.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }