Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Can Ares Jungle?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Can Ares Jungle? 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IDNeon » June 30, 2020 1:22pm | Report
I have a theory that Ares is a secret Jungler waiting to be unleashed.

At level 2 he can 1-combo bluffs making him as efficient as any jungler in buff clearing.

He's a massive pusher/aggressor which makes him very useful in helping lanes at the appropriate times.

After he gets his 2nd, especially his 3rd item his sustain is way past most junglers and will stay there the rest of the game. Arguably you could walk up to the opposing jungler's buff and just bully/beat on him the whole time.

Usually by Ares' 3rd item and boots it takes two or three enemies whaling on you constantly to bring you down.

So:

Advantages- can clear jungle, survive other jungler, deny other jungler kills on lanes. Push lanes hard. Tank towers easy.

Cons- wont be that mop-up killer or one-punch mercury if you rely on those to win.

IDNeon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 30, 2020 2:21pm | Report
Actually Ares has been played in jungle (as a bruiser) in the past. But it's fallen off as a pick.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IDNeon » June 30, 2020 4:00pm | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

Actually Ares has been played in jungle (as a bruiser) in the past. But it's fallen off as a pick.

I only just started seeing Ymir in the jungle for the first time. I thought it a troll until I saw how much he wrecked then tried him and had good results.

In glad to hear Ares used too. Honestly I want to try but am concerned people will complain and report me for it....usually I dont care about memes and trolling but for some reason I feel more team oriented with Ares.

More role oriented.

I really like the idea of a strong tanky bruiser for jungle because it just adds one more heavy aggressor?

IDNeon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IDNeon » June 30, 2020 4:01pm | Report
Oh and any particular reason he fell off as jungler pick?

IDNeon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 30, 2020 4:05pm | Report
I honestly can't fully remember but I think it was item / meta shifts. I remember him being a good abuser of Spear of the Magus back when it's passive reduced magical protection in stacks.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IDNeon » June 30, 2020 4:17pm | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

I honestly can't fully remember but I think it was item / meta shifts. I remember him being a good abuser of Spear of the Magus back when it's passive reduced magical protection in stacks.

The demonic ring does same thing? Why not just abuse with that? Tho it requires basic attack

IDNeon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 30, 2020 4:30pm | Report
IDNeon wrote:

The demonic ring does same thing? Why not just abuse with that? Tho it requires basic attack

Demonic is different, Demonic applies percent reduction (about 30-ish percent or less, I know they nerfed it at some point), Old Magus pre-season 7 applied flat reduction (about 40 to 60 Flat). And yes, Demonic applying on basics isn't ideal for Ares either.

I recommend you check this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ow_ls0iB2wi2jbgU1FZv7RWWbqRDBGpt/view (Word of Thoth - Game mechanics guide)
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » June 30, 2020 5:08pm | Report
Ares' jungle clear time is terrible, that's the main reason he's not played there anymore. Go watch Hatmaster and/or Rexsi play him in duel and you'll see how bad his camp clear is.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 30, 2020 5:14pm | Report
Gulfwulf wrote:

Ares' jungle clear time is terrible, that's the main reason he's not played there anymore. Go watch Hatmaster and/or Rexsi play him in duel and you'll see how bad his camp clear is.

His CDs are long-ish early for jungle but im pretty sure Ares' 3 has decent clear? Plus in Conquest you tend to get HoG for the camp after speed unless you go straight to blue after if your solo started blue.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » June 30, 2020 6:41pm | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

Then he is probably going to go back up in the meta some with the new passive when it hits, i would imagine.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }