Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Auto-Cancelling with Loki

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Auto-Cancelling with Loki 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sodsboy » April 26, 2016 6:53pm | Report
Now you guys probably know that as a Loki player, you're more then likely to get Hydra's Lament which is super awesome and increases damage ten-fold.

But what you didn't know is that slight change it got, no cooldown on when it can be activated. Which means that you can now auto cancel with Loki

All you need to do is simply Vanish Auto attack Assassinate Auto Aimed Strike Auto and if they're not dead then throw a Decoy out and hit them once more.

Hope you found this useful
IGN: Soddyboy
Curse: Sodsboy
Steam: Sodsboy

Sodsboy

Memorable (10)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » April 27, 2016 6:39am | Report
That auto-cancelling is not something new due to Hydra's Lament change.
It was always better to use this tactic to avoid being affected by Loki's basic attack chain.

However, with the Hydra's Lament passive having no CD now, it seems like this buff was directly aimed for him.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Manneredscroll4 » May 26, 2016 5:54pm | Report
I was a bit confused because a video I watched didn't explain it well, but do you think this could be something to build on rama?

Manneredscroll4

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » May 27, 2016 12:16pm | Report
Auto-cancelling, in the case of Loki is mainly used to reset his basic attack chain.
In the case of a hunter, it would be used to cancel the basic attack animation, which is still an improvement, but in a lesser degree.

I'm pretty sure that Astral Strike do not reset the basic attack animation, but I would need to test it.
As for Pick Me Up, the ability itself has an animation, which is slowing you a bit already, so it's not worth it.

I know that basic attack animation cancelling can be improve your damage as Ullr.
You can read for more details here

Of course, Hydra's Lament would still not be a good pick on hunters.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » May 27, 2016 3:54pm | Report

Was in my guide :)

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }