Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Asking some questions before I try this game! :D

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Asking some questions before I try this game! :D 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Monoploid » August 14, 2013 5:23pm | Report
I come from Dota 2 where I consider myself a quite apt support player. I have never played any other Moba games other than Dota. So I was wondering while Smite is downloading what are some things I need to know. Any help would be very appreciated!

Side question: Whats a really easy god to learn and or play, and where did Smite come from, was it a mod like dota?

Monoploid

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 15, 2013 3:04am | Report
If you like playing support gods like Ymir, Sobek, Bacchus, Athena, Guan Yu (getting a rework soon, so not sure if it is worth it to play him before that for you) are really good support/tank gods. When it comes to full on support gods with shielding, healing etc. Aphrodite and Chang'e are good.

The gods I would go for would be: Ymir, Sobek and Aphrodite. (I recommend playing support to learn the game, then go over to other roles when you get the hang of the game mechanics etc).

My most important tips is:
Learn the most important vgs http://smite.gamepedia.com/Voice_Commands (missing, gank, defend, attack, retreat etc).
Keep an eye on the minimap whenever you push up the lane, this is a lot more important in Smite than LoL and HoN (haven't played Dota, but guess it applies to Dota as well) because you got no view behind you so you are very easy to gank when pushing.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by EnjoiDank » September 9, 2013 10:43pm | Report
The map is a lot smaller than Dota's so its alot harder to play RatSmite.
IGN: Dankus

EnjoiDank

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by fadellity » September 27, 2013 6:16pm | Report
I play Smite, not DotA, but I've heard Smite is a lot easier.

If your'e looking for an easy support God, go with Ra, Chang'e, or Guan Yu. Those are my three favorites.

fadellity

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }