Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Will Smite be Available on MAC

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Will Smite be Available on MAC 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Niex » November 21, 2012 1:25pm | Report
Just wondering what everyone else thinks.

Will Smite have an actual MAC Version of it's game unlike LoL who never backed whatever long and tiresome way players have tried to make the Game available on a MAC.

Chances are MAC version wouldn't be available till a decent time out of BETA but none the less i believe it should have one!
Many of my college friends who i decided to derail from their studies to show them the fascination of online gaming (except WoW cause lets face it you died to see several years ago) own a MAC book!
SOOOOOoooooo... just saying College kids + anything you spend money on to look badass (Skins is what i was getting at) = Cash money!

Niex

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 21, 2012 1:29pm | Report
If they were smart they would have gotten a PC that is just as good for 3/4 less the price, and if they built it it would be better than a MAC.

inb4 MAC fanbois flood me.

I would assume no, windows is just better suited to handle gaming than unix is.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Niex » November 21, 2012 1:38pm | Report
I agree Asmoday can't even talk to my family about getting a new Laptop or desktop because they all think MACs are some sort of creation from God.

Thought of the idea of building my own Desktop, idea flooded me... went to ibuypower hate my life now lol

Niex

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 21, 2012 3:19pm | Report
Ibuy isnt amazing but its still pretty damn good.

New egg is expensive but you can get really good parts if you know enough.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by rockmelon223 » February 25, 2013 12:01am | Report
Firstly, I own a mac and I play LoL all the time. It's called iLOL and it works perfectly. Secondly, I do believe they will make a version for mac because of the amount of people playing iLOL. Everyone playing LoL wants to play smite and I know lots of people with macs want smite. They can't turn down that type of profit.

rockmelon223

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sycthrex » February 26, 2013 9:58am | Report

Tell them to get a PC lol
Xbalanque Newbie Guide

Feel i helped? remember to +rep

Sycthrex

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » February 26, 2013 10:02am | Report
I agree. PCs are much better. Building your own PC with your favorite parts. (Be cause no one can afford the new Titan for 1000$ unless they're Rich enough to spent that much on a single part). With some good parts and a budget you can build one, and it could be better yet cheaper than an Alienware.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by lektro65 » March 18, 2013 3:36pm | Report
All you PC fan boys are forgetting one factor. the OS. I know that for the same specs a pc is 10x cheaper, but quite frankly I hate windows and microsoft with a passion. It's a convoluted OS, full of bugs, and microsoft is a ****tastic company with terrible software design and horribly customer service. I'll pay the extra $1000 to save myself the 100 headaches a year I'll have dealing with all the random **** that happens to PC's. I'll make my money back on saved medical bills.

Point is, I rather buy a mac and run bootcamp on it, then buy a pc, that's how much I despise microsoft.

Trust me, its not just marketing that has made apple so popular, thought that is part of it. I know computer salesmen, who have recently converted to using a mac and have vowed to never go back because they love their mac so much. It's simply designed better. PC's have bigger muscles, but they're stupid as hell.

lektro65

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KroipyBill » April 12, 2013 6:50am | Report
lektro65 wrote:

PC's have bigger muscles, but they're stupid as hell.

This has to be one of the more ignorant things I've ever heard in regards to why somebody likes a Mac OS over Windows along with the rest of your rational as to why you would buy a Mac over a PC. It's simply designed better? Do you have any idea how they're both designed? Do you even know what type of platform they both use? It almost seems like people think there is one global way to make anything and some people do it better than others. I hate to break it to you, but you are paying more for the SAME HARDWARE in a Mac with a watered down Unix based operating system than you are with a PC. Honestly, on a PC we can get Ubuntu, which is your piece of **** Mac OS times a thousand. And guess what? IT'S FREE, and can be installed on your PC, and if you want on your Mac. But you're not going to find somebody who will buy a Mac just for the sake of putting a better operating system on it. We call that a waste of money, and no IT professional is that big of an idiot.

Secondly, let's talk about Windows. Windows, as an operating system is a beast of a program. I don't know what kind of bugs you ran into or issues, because a lot of us who know how to take care of a computer don't have a single problem. If you tell me Windows will get viruses all the time, I will fix that for you, by saying "The user is ******ed and continues to download things they don't understand in the form of an executable which extracts malignant software onto their windows machines." Windows is a beast of an operating system when it comes to system administration. It's capability for networking and hosting, as well as it's compatibility with oh, EVERYTHING is the reason why the computer world uses it on top of your beloved Mac OS. Now, I would rather have Ubuntu on my machine than Windows. But you know what, instead of buying a Mac with their ****py OS based on the same platform as Linux, then spending more money to put Windows on it, I built a PC, put Windows on it, and put Linux on it. Because I did this, I still have an infinitely better machine when it comes to hardware as I can get more for my buck, and software, (as the better version of your Mac OS is FREE) than any purchase a person can make with a Mac, for less than half the price of a Mac. So based on this information, can you explain to me again which type of purchase is stupid as hell? I'm listening.

KroipyBill

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Baconsack » April 15, 2013 8:20pm | Report
Can I ask why when people ask if a Mac port for a game will ever come out, it turns into an argument about who's **** is bigger, Apple or WIndows? I own both a Macbook and a Windows desktop, and am very pleased with both. I admit that Windows and Mac both have things they are better at. I generally agree that from a gaming point of view, Windows is better. However, A Mac port would still probably be a money maker. I don't why this post had to deteriorate into an argument about which is better.

Sack Out.

Baconsack

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }