Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

"Unable to connect to server" issue

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » "Unable to connect to server" issue 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by thekfakt0r » October 24, 2015 5:37pm | Report
Whenever I launch Smite, the login screen opens. Under the password box, a message saying "Unable to connect to server" appears. This prevents me from playing the game. I've reinstalled it several times, I've ran the built in Validate and Repair function from the launcher, I've completely disabled my router firewall, and nothing seems to work. How do I fix this? I would like to go back to playing the game ASAP.

thekfakt0r

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 25, 2015 1:03pm | Report
well the moment when you launch smite and the log in screen opens you already know something wrong as you nowadays log in before launching.

Last time I had this issue they had an update and restricted the access (the launcher said you could play but you just couldn't). This is probably because the steam version gets updates a bit later (I assume you use the steam version)

only thing you can do is wait till steam updates it.

If you aren't using steam I don't have an idea why this would happen.

(also if you uninstal Smite you need to remove everything from Hi-rez for a full re-install)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » October 25, 2015 3:34pm | Report
Try to restart your internet connection, or your computer, if the first option doesn't work.

Happens to me sometimes, normally just restarting the router does it.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by thekfakt0r » October 25, 2015 7:33pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

well the moment when you launch smite and the log in screen opens you already know something wrong as you nowadays log in before launching.

Last time I had this issue they had an update and restricted the access (the launcher said you could play but you just couldn't). This is probably because the steam version gets updates a bit later (I assume you use the steam version)

only thing you can do is wait till steam updates it.

If you aren't using steam I don't have an idea why this would happen.

(also if you uninstal Smite you need to remove everything from Hi-rez for a full re-install)

Well, I mean that I'll click on the shortcut, the launcher opens, and then the login screen appears. This is because when I was playing the game when it first started having problems, it disconnected me and required that I log in again.

thekfakt0r

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }