Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Who Has The Best Username?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Who Has The Best Username? 29 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » December 11, 2013 7:19am | Report
Sunfall sounds awesome, but I love to say TormantedTurnip out loud a few times fast. :\
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 11, 2013 8:38am | Report
Haha, truth be told I really kind of wish I had gone with my IGN. Or at least thought of a less depressing adjective...

But it is pretty fun to say - I absolutely adore alliterations.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » December 11, 2013 8:55am | Report
I like usernames that aren't portmanteaus and don't have extra letters or numbers (so no xXTheLolTrain3965Xx.) I personally like mine, just because it fits that criteria, but honestly, so does Raventhor's (or is that a portmanteau?). In short, I have no idea.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 11, 2013 9:01am | Report
That's not really a portmanteau username, but rather two separate words that flow together, much like mine. Portmanteaus are a when parts of both words are truncated in order to form a new word. The most common example of a portmanteau word is "smog," which is a combination of "smoke" and "fog."

In my case, I simply have an adjective preceding a noun, not a portmanteau username. I don't really know about Raventhor, as I've never seen "raven" used as an adjective, but I don't quite see it as a portmanteau username.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 11, 2013 11:07am | Report
Yeah I'll be honest I don't know what my name is. My first and main character in World of Warcraft, 8 years ago (it's the 8th anniversary, right?) was Raventhor. Just kept it going, much like people have a common name or username across multiple different areas. I know I had a reason for the name, but to be honest, I've forgotten what it was, and I simply identify with the name itself now xD

It's honestly a pleasant surprise that people like my name though :)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 11, 2013 11:19am | Report
I think it's pretty funny that you're an editor of the site and are surprised that users know who you are, lol. You've been given your title for a reason. ^_^

Edit: read that wrong. Lol. Anyhow, I think your name is pretty good. Seems kind of simple (good thing) but, like I said, it feels like two nouns in a row. Just doesn't roll that well, in my opinion. But I like Ravens and like Thor, so there's that.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » December 28, 2013 3:12am | Report
Raventhor or UnknownPandr, Raventhor because it sounds like some kind of baddass who kills dragons for a living, and UnknownPandr because it sounds ridiculous.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » December 28, 2013 4:17am | Report
My alt account:
MayDayPayDay
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » December 28, 2013 9:48am | Report
I'm glad that some people like my name. :P

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }