Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What do you think of LoL?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » What do you think of LoL? 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 3, 2013 6:52pm | Report
Do any of you play or have played League of Legends.

I think I'm going to try it just for kicks since I enjoyed smite.

What should I expect from this game?

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 3, 2013 7:16pm | Report
You should expect to spend $100+ on it if you end up being addicted...

Expect many original character designs (Zed, Jayce (at the time), Draven).

Expect a community that is slightly more mature than Smite's, but still just as ****ty.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 3, 2013 7:19pm | Report
I find it a *lot* of fun, only a couple problems:

It's not all skillshot based, because it's not in third person. This means that auto attacks are target-locked, you can choose what creeps to attack, and it's much more mechanical/mathematical over what we'd dub as 'skill'. This almost means micromanagement is REQUIRED.

With 116 champions now, it's VERY hard to learn in a short time, as obviously counters are not known, and it takes a hefty time to find out what each champion does
Game modes include basically Conquest (Summoner's Rift) and a little bit of Domination (Domination). Most of all games are Conquest though - there is no Arena. Aram does exist, however.

Champions are easier to get than gods cost-wise, but there's so many more

Runes and Masteries account for out-of-god choices, but runes can be very costly, and it takes a long time to master what you need for what champion

Actives are chosen before the match, not during.

Finally, the game is much more focused on creep killing than player killing, as it's easier.

Overcome these hurdles and it's much more fun. It's more flexible with how many champions there are, it's much easier to recover from snowballing, yet still easy to outplay your opponent if you're the one snowballing. You can choose an entirely locked-targetting champion, or one with full skillshots. Masteries and Runes adhere to your specific playstyle outside of simply the champion you pick. Finally, the bot matches in there are ACTUALLY matches. It's not a horrific version of joust or such, but actually a full on game that you can practice as - with either beginner AI or intermediate AI.

All in all, it's the same-ish game with tweaks to minor things, and a major difference in how combat works. I think you might like it. My suggestion is to start out as a Marksman in bottom lane - it's the easiest one to learn.

BTW, to equate the lanes, Bot Lane = ADC (marksman) / Support = Long Lane (It's near Dragon = Gold Fury)
Mid Lane = Mage
Top Lane = Tank/Bruiser = Short Lane (It's near Baron = Fire Giant)
Jungle is split into 4 quadrants, 2 near each team's side, with 2 major buffs: Red (Lizard, gives a small DoT and Slowing Debuff) and Blue (Golems, gives CDR and Mana/Energy Regen)

GL, if you have any questions let me know, and I'll try to explain it simply (only because it's a complicated game xD)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 3, 2013 7:23pm | Report
cool, I'll download it and try it, I seen a video it seems similar to smite but without 3rd person

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » October 3, 2013 7:32pm | Report
Yeah, when I first played it it was so hard, but now it's soo much fun.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » October 3, 2013 10:42pm | Report
You MUST install it. To be honest, I play LoL more than SMITE for a reason. They have more experience in MOBA. Most of the changes are highly considered.

Other than that, there are more than 100 champions. AND, 10 free gods are switched every week. Each skill could matter in victory and loses. Bushes are also a tricky fun things to have where we need to be creative other than only running.

First time I play it I felt that omg, I always hit the enemies (which of course couldn't always hit enemy)

For this week's free gods I reccomended trying this
Soraka for support
Sivir for ADC
Morgana for mid
They are easy to use but might be a bit boring

But, if you want to have fun choose these champions :
Zyra for support
Quinn for ADC
Heimdirnger, zyra and syndra for mid
Shyvannaa for top (not sure about voli, never played him)

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » October 4, 2013 1:27am | Report
I finally cracked and tried it out and in all honesty I did like it nearly as much has Smite. Was about 2-4 week since I played a match.

I mained Vayne and she is pretty dam fun too play as, maybe even op (she can deal true damage based on her enemies max health, how do you counter that?). League of Legends actually made me like Smite more since a lot of things I love about Smite are not in League of Legends.

It also might have been the fact that I would either get with players how have never played or don't know how too play a MOBA and I would kick there ***, because I hade the general idea of what too do since I played Smite. Other times I would get people who clearly know what they are doing and I they would kick my ***.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 4, 2013 4:30am | Report

I finally cracked and tried it out and in all honesty I did like it nearly as much has Smite. Was about 2-4 week since I played a match.

I mained Vayne and she is pretty dam fun too play as, maybe even op (she can deal true damage based on her enemies max health, how do you counter that?). League of Legends actually made me like Smite more since a lot of things I love about Smite are not in League of Legends.

It also might have been the fact that I would either get with players how have never played or don't know how too play a MOBA and I would kick there ***, because I hade the general idea of what too do since I played Smite. Other times I would get people who clearly know what they are doing and I they would kick my ***.

Yes, Vayne is incredibly strong. The thing is that a fed Vayne will single handedly carry her team, but a Vayne who doesn't get 5+ kills by late game is dead weight, as she offers little utility.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » October 4, 2013 4:48am | Report
Early game vayne is weak

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 4, 2013 5:25am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

Early game vayne is weak

That as well. Despite this however, she can get easily fed via a good Leona.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }