Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What do you think of LoL?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » What do you think of LoL? 12 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » October 4, 2013 7:18am | Report
Raventhor pretty much summed up the reasons why I don't like LoL: it's very by-the-numbers (in the sense that any statistical advantage is a huge one) and there is too much of a focus on farm over actual player killing.

Runes pretty much require you to sink lots of extra favor just to use a new champion in PvP a majority of the time, and I'm not really fond of actives being forced right from the beginning, as all that happens is people just take the most widely-useful ones like Flash and Ignite, unlike SMITE where buying actives is a counterplay element.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 4, 2013 7:42am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

Raventhor pretty much summed up the reasons why I don't like LoL: it's very by-the-numbers (in the sense that any statistical advantage is a huge one) and there is too much of a focus on farm over actual player killing.

Runes pretty much require you to sink lots of extra favor just to use a new champion in PvP a majority of the time, and I'm not really fond of actives being forced right from the beginning, as all that happens is people just take the most widely-useful ones like Flash and Ignite, unlike SMITE where buying actives is a counterplay element.

This is definitely what I hate about LoL. The thing is, runes don't offer any disadvantage for using them, so in the end, the person with better runes has a much better time. If runes actually offered disadvantages to even out the advantages (think Pokemon natures), then runes would be a customisable option that is not needed in order to have a good time playing, and just tunes it to your playstyle.

Another way of evening this out is to simply let people have access to all the runes, and just unlock rune slots as you level (like it currently does).
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }