Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Trying out League again...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Trying out League again... 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by H.A.K.U » July 24, 2016 2:06pm | Report
So I recently redownloaded LoL and well I just have a feeling I should stop myself now and just stick to SMITE... What y'all think and has anyone ever played LoL or DOTA2?

H.A.K.U

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » July 24, 2016 2:17pm | Report
i'm currently sticking to LoL for a while.

down in doulane, Artemis and Jing Wei suffer.

in midlane, Nu Wa suffers.

which are probably the gods that i care the most about.

LoL however, has a bit of a fresher gameplay and a lot of champions to choose from. there are also 2 adc junglers and an adc assassin, my type of game!

however, me, LoL and Smite have a complicated relationship. i play LoL a lot, then, i stop, go back to Smite, grind Smite a LOT more and then back again.

im just at the LoL phase rn.

edit: i said botlane instand of doulane. shame on me.
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daelinn » July 24, 2016 2:22pm | Report
Well I tried out League someday, played a bit (reaching like 15ish lvl) and I have to say I liked it overall- I assume it doesn't matter to the vast majority of the players but I was really positively suprised by its features in realisation like for example soundtracks, character quotes, and above all movement and attack quotes; I really miss them on Smite (even though they'd seem nearly impossible to implement).

However, the thing that wouldn't allow me to ever fully enjoy this game are its controls- yes I know they're the classic ones, but I absolutely dislike being so reliant just on my mouse; clicking to attack, clicking to move, clicking to juke, clicking to aim- too much clicking, I really hate it.

I haven't reached any serious gameplay levels so I won't judge its balance but the thing that came to my mind was that the kills meant too much; how many times were I killed by freaking Darius, to get tower dove a while later on 100% HP dying instantly, then he would just teleport to duo lane, get a double and basically finish the game in the next few minutes.

Never played DoTA nor ever will because
#hatesteam

Daelinn

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (25)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » July 24, 2016 2:26pm | Report
Daelinn wrote:

Well I tried out League someday, played a bit (reaching like 15ish lvl) and I have to say I liked it overall- I assume it doesn't matter to the vast majority of the players but I was really positively suprised by its features in realisation like for example soundtracks, character quotes, and above all movement and attack quotes; I really miss them on Smite (even though they'd seem nearly impossible to implement).

However, the thing that wouldn't allow me to ever fully enjoy this game are its controls- yes I know they're the classic ones, but I absolutely dislike being so reliant just on my mouse; clicking to attack, clicking to move, clicking to juke, clicking to aim- too much clicking, I really hate it.

I haven't reached any serious gameplay levels so I won't judge its balance but the thing that came to my mind was that the kills meant too much; how many times were I killed by freaking Darius, to get tower dove a while later on 100% HP dying instantly, then he would just teleport to duo lane, get a double and basically finish the game in the next few minutes.

Never played DoTA nor ever will because
#hatesteam

Well, After you learn how to counter Darius, its pretty easy. the game balance is pretty much better then Smite's rn cause hirez dont bother nerfing top picks who are not s+...
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daelinn » July 24, 2016 2:29pm | Report
Nah I knew him quite a bit, it's just like he's probably the ultimate Nasus lane counter, never experienced such hell in any game before.

Daelinn

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (25)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » July 24, 2016 2:31pm | Report
Daelinn wrote:

Nah I knew him quite a bit, it's just like he's probably the ultimate Nasus lane counter, never experienced such hell in any game before.

Trust me, Vayne top against Nasus is not fun. our Nasus went 2-19.
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daelinn » July 24, 2016 2:34pm | Report
Speaking about which WTB Anubis rework to an utility mage/guardian/whatever.

(Can't a man dream for a while...)

Daelinn

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (25)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 24, 2016 2:45pm | Report
Nasus doesn't do much then farm in most cases. Also why hate steam daelinn?

Back to topic I have played both and well for me Smite mostly became a gateway into the MOBA scene where I finally got to know a bit what I needed to do etc. While it wasn't a gateway like Dawngate (RIP) was (that game got me to enjoy the isometric controls).

Still If I'm going to compare them not only is it the heaviest game to run and well HR servers are sometimes a pain too, it's also in a pretty bad state of balance. Yeah LoL and Dota also aren't close to perfect on it however it has less flaws and also riot focused a bit on balancing in their non CQ maps. And better releases (they use other ways to build hype then making someone OP for the first months)

And well Dota probably the hardest but also the most fun as every character is pretty much usable instead of X amount of all of them. Dota also isn't so stiff on a meta so trilanes and stuff are a thing. the meta is more reliant on a certain tactic (only this happens after a certain rank).

Atm I think I can say I like LoL the most because it is less punishing then dota and has some more fun to it's champions because of it being more skillshot oriented and less active items (aka less button pressing as in dota you can have a lot of buttons to press). Also does LoL have really good personalities to their characters. Dota has it too however LoL is better in it as they get created from scratch pretty much.

I mostly play moba's to net get bored from one or well friends playing a certain one. Sometimes it's a good thing as you can notice mistakes which you otherwise couldn't have noticed.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » July 24, 2016 2:46pm | Report
Daelinn wrote:

Speaking about which WTB Anubis rework to an utility mage/guardian/whatever.

(Can't a man dream for a while...)

direct quote from hirez:

we like Anubis at the state he is right now.

direct quote from me- *facepalm*
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daelinn » July 24, 2016 2:54pm | Report
@Devampi
More of like personal principle case, nothing personal or anything; just really don't like the idea of such external platform, and also I miss the days when I could walk into the shop and buy a game box with a CD ready to install, and a real manual added to that. (probably exaggerated a bit but I hope I menaged to visualise a bit what I meant)

And right, good point with the character personalities; such things were always important to me, and there it is a job really well done.

@Ducks
Yea I saw that one too; well to some extent I know it can sometimes be really frustrating to play against him when he just wrap ults and there's nothing you can do, but it's more of an ideal scenario which happens 15% of the time.

Daelinn

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (25)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }