Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sums up why I play Smite instead of DOTA2

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Sums up why I play Smite instead of DOTA2 30 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 11, 2014 10:10am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Puck is the best.

nah techies is way more fun

le proof
also that spectre dazzle rampage at the end

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 11, 2014 12:12pm | Report
i fancy my self some good high class assassinations like a phantom.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 12, 2014 6:30am | Report
All4Games wrote:

i fancy my self some good high class assassinations like a phantom.

>High class
>Phantom

You may as well have said Riki.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 12, 2014 6:54am | Report
ITS NOT RIKI
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 12, 2014 2:13pm | Report
It's PA

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 19, 2014 4:39am | Report
I agree that Smite has a much more tame community than Dota 2, but at least people tend to stick out a full game in Dota. Nearly all the matches I've had so far in Smite have had leavers on both teams, like they just wanted to get to level 5 and be done.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 19, 2014 8:26am | Report
Ghraf wrote:

I agree that Smite has a much more tame community than Dota 2, but at least people tend to stick out a full game in Dota. Nearly all the matches I've had so far in Smite have had leavers on both teams, like they just wanted to get to level 5 and be done.

mmm maybe the difference of the EU and NA server again but for me this is the other way around. I always get quiters in DotA 2 and sometimes a toxic guy (in my 10-15 pvp i only got 1 toxic guy and i got like 5-8 games a quiter on 1 of the teams (mostly mine))

on smite I never get RQers but 9/10 matches (in conquest because in assault everything is chaos) a guy who is so damn toxic (and annoying feeding and when you die (wile you are having a score of 19/3/5) says feeder while he has 1/15/4)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 19, 2014 5:11pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

mmm maybe the difference of the EU and NA server again but for me this is the other way around. I always get quiters in DotA 2 and sometimes a toxic guy (in my 10-15 pvp i only got 1 toxic guy and i got like 5-8 games a quiter on 1 of the teams (mostly mine))

on smite I never get RQers but 9/10 matches (in conquest because in assault everything is chaos) a guy who is so damn toxic (and annoying feeding and when you die (wile you are having a score of 19/3/5) says feeder while he has 1/15/4)

I have played on both the EU and US Dota 2 servers. I have over a thousand hours in that game, so I can probably safely say I've seen the vast majority of what it has to offer.

If you play ranked matchmaking in Dota 2, you will occasionally get people quitting because they're probably South Americans who stumbled into your server somehow to feed first blood and then type something in chat that no one can read and then leave (this happens on EU West on a regular basis for reasons I cannot even begin to comprehend).

If you play bot matches, people are more likely to quit there too because they still view bots as the "no consequence" game mode.

And to be honest, if someone is flaming you in chat on Dota 2 and you're not in a stack, just be glad anyone is even talking. Agree with them and they might suddenly want to help and communicate with you for the match.

In Smite, it's a lot more arcade-y, though. I guess people don't feel like they'll be punished or suffer in any way from just quitting a match they're losing and re-queueing, and it kind of ruins the game for a lot of reasons. The same reasons that Dota 2 has no surrender option, because comebacks are possible, even when they seem "impossible", if you don't act like a little baby and just give up.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 20, 2014 12:51am | Report
Ghraf wrote:

I have played on both the EU and US Dota 2 servers. I have over a thousand hours in that game, so I can probably safely say I've seen the vast majority of what it has to offer.

If you play ranked matchmaking in Dota 2, you will occasionally get people quitting because they're probably South Americans who stumbled into your server somehow to feed first blood and then type something in chat that no one can read and then leave (this happens on EU West on a regular basis for reasons I cannot even begin to comprehend).

If you play bot matches, people are more likely to quit there too because they still view bots as the "no consequence" game mode.

And to be honest, if someone is flaming you in chat on Dota 2 and you're not in a stack, just be glad anyone is even talking. Agree with them and they might suddenly want to help and communicate with you for the match.

In Smite, it's a lot more arcade-y, though. I guess people don't feel like they'll be punished or suffer in any way from just quitting a match they're losing and re-queueing, and it kind of ruins the game for a lot of reasons. The same reasons that Dota 2 has no surrender option, because comebacks are possible, even when they seem "impossible", if you don't act like a little baby and just give up.

you can surrender in DotA 2 only everyone needs to type gg wp in all chat and not cancel the countdown for 10 sec

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 20, 2014 9:32pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

you can surrender in DotA 2 only everyone needs to type gg wp in all chat and not cancel the countdown for 10 sec

Only pros can do that, and it's simply typing "gg". It's called tournament mode. And unless you're playing in a real tournament, you do not have that option.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }