Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite VS Dota2/LoL - A educated comparison

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Smite VS Dota2/LoL - A educated comparison 25 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by vatechfan » July 5, 2013 7:06am | Report
I feel like everybody is right. All games are good in their own way and enjoyable in their own way. People need to understand that they shouldnt be directly compared as they are very different. For example all the choices on items in dota is the way Valve wanted it to be and hirez wanted there to be different ways to build but with a general starting way. So the games are all good but they are all very different yes they have similarities but even those aren't to important besides being in the same genre. Everybody posting has made some impressive points and true points.

I'm just happy no massive fanboys from the toxic community of lol showed up to trash talk everything else. ;). jk. But out of all the things the single thing i agree with the most is that LoL has the worst community.
GIMME DAT JUNGLE ROLE :p

vatechfan

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » July 5, 2013 7:13am | Report
Well, every community is toxic. There is no perfect community at ALL. There are always the bad players, but also the good players.

SMITE, DOTA 2 and LoL are all MOBAs, full with bad and good people. Some are rage quitters( you'll fought a lot of those in the start, but will decrease while you level up); others are just trolls. And there are the positive people, that help the others and teach the ones with doubts( ''noobs'').

I play SMITE, DOTA 2 and LoL. I prefer SMITE, it is more unique than the others. But that doesn't mean I hate DOTA 2 and LoL. SMITE is more simplistic and fun, LoL is quite broken and DOTA 2 is complicate ''In-Deep''.

But I gotta say, LoL has the most toxic community of them. It's also the biggest of them, so it makes sense to have the biggest toxic, and such.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » July 6, 2013 7:44am | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

Well, every community is toxic. There is no perfect community at ALL. There are always the bad players, but also the good players.

SMITE, DOTA 2 and LoL are all MOBAs, full with bad and good people. Some are rage quitters( you'll fought a lot of those in the start, but will decrease while you level up); others are just trolls. And there are the positive people, that help the others and teach the ones with doubts( ''noobs'').

I play SMITE, DOTA 2 and LoL. I prefer SMITE, it is more unique than the others. But that doesn't mean I hate DOTA 2 and LoL. SMITE is more simplistic and fun, LoL is quite broken and DOTA 2 is complicate ''In-Deep''.

But I gotta say, LoL has the most toxic community of them. It's also the biggest of them, so it makes sense to have the biggest toxic, and such.

Oh boy, you haven't seen bad community until you've seen HoN.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » July 6, 2013 8:30am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

Oh boy, you haven't seen bad community until you've seen HoN.

I approve

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 12, 2013 6:58am | Report
I think to rank on difficulty scale it would look as such:

1(Easiest) - LoL: Tutorials help, lots of noobs to crush, Easier to get started due to ranking system!

2 - Smite: I think it would be better to play LoL a bit b4 trying Smite since it will make you appretiate graphics more AND it will help shove you into mastering skillshots

3 - Dota 2: I started with this but after my first game I had to watch 5 guide videos and 2 Na'vi games. Hard to gets started, Fun to play. FREE HEROES!!!

{
Also if anyone wants to try out Dota 2 I own 40 keys and my brother has another 20 for anyone out there who doesn't have it yet!
Add me on steam: cojazz
}
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }