Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite VS Dota2/LoL - A educated comparison

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Smite VS Dota2/LoL - A educated comparison 25 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SacredElite » June 24, 2013 8:12am | Report
Well.. you have a point.
Where there is desire there is gonna be a flame

SacredElite

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » June 24, 2013 8:24am | Report
I thought that bumba's mask is not so useful anymore

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 24, 2013 4:49pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

I thought that bumba's mask is not so useful anymore

It's still the best jungling item and it still promotes junglers to be played more, therefore creating passive gameplay.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » June 24, 2013 9:21pm | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

You see, if LoL's balancing sucked, then why do people still spend money on it? I mean, if the game is completely unbalanced, then it isn't fun, so why do people continue to spend money on it? It's because the previous sentence is not true. LoL's balancing is good, just slow. Aatrox, the champion you seem to constantly bring up, just came out. No balancing patches have come out yet, so they can't balance it.

Balance has absolutely nothing to do with LoL's popularity. In fact, it had nothing to do with WoW's popularity either, an MMO which I consider to have a lot of ridiculous balancing issues and flip-flops. So why do people play these games if they're laden with balance issues? It's because they're mainstream. They're popular. Everyone else was playing them before, and given how your average gamers are sheep, they will flock to the popular games.

Look at it like this: League of Legends has a very strong pressence in the e-sports scene today. Lots of people watch it, and there's a lot of money on the line for the professionals who take part in it. The balancing could be subpar but if the pros are willing to play it and people are going to watch it, nothing else matters. It will draw in players.

SMITE really shouldn't be brought up for balance comparisons with released games. It's still in beta, and that has only been made ever more clear by Erez's push for jungling even after it was originally determined there wouldn't be any. Gods are constantly being tweaked, we've been seeing upgrades to old kits ( Hun Batz is definitely much stronger than the old Sun Wukong ever was), and new things are constantly being added. Until the game goes into release and everything becomes more solidified, I'd recommend laying off of it.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 24, 2013 10:53pm | Report
Sunfall wrote:

Balance has absolutely nothing to do with LoL's popularity. In fact, it had nothing to do with WoW's popularity either, an MMO which I consider to have a lot of ridiculous balancing issues and flip-flops. So why do people play these games if they're laden with balance issues? It's because they're mainstream. They're popular. Everyone else was playing them before, and given how your average gamers are sheep, they will flock to the popular games.

I never mentioned LoL's popularity. I talked about why existing players of LoL are spending money on the game.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » June 26, 2013 8:06am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

Look at it like this: League of Legends has a very strong pressence in the e-sports scene today. Lots of people watch it, and there's a lot of money on the line for the professionals who take part in it. The balancing could be subpar but if the pros are willing to play it and people are going to watch it, nothing else matters. It will draw in players.

I think you're looking at it wrong. Things don't just become mainstream for no reason. There is some sort of magic to LoL's formula. People find it fun, competitive, and watchable. This is why both pro-gamers and regular gamers flock to it. It's not solely a matter of "gamers are sheep" because in order for sheep to flock there has to be a shepherd. So that leaves two possibilities, either there are some really badass trendsetters who started playing LoL and millions started playing it only because of that, or, LoL has a formula that works extremely well and attracts a lot of gamers.

I mean if Pros decided to take up competitive Animal Crossing I wouldn't watch that and I don't think most other people would. There needs to be a solid ground in a game in order to attract both pros and joes.

However, I personally couldn't play LoL long-term, but I can see the appeal for many gamers.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SacredElite » June 27, 2013 3:11pm | Report
LoL has, a very simple gameplay without real depth compared to other MOBA's, mostly teenagers play it because its hyped, easy and appealing to them. I don't say that LoL isn't hard ( Pro people are simply Pro ). But the non pro community part mostly exists out of teenagers, who just want a easy win with fun.
Where there is desire there is gonna be a flame

SacredElite

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 27, 2013 8:22pm | Report
SacredElite wrote:

LoL has, a very simple gameplay without real depth compared to other MOBA's, mostly teenagers play it because its hyped, easy and appealing to them. I don't say that LoL isn't hard ( Pro people are simply Pro ). But the non pro community part mostly exists out of teenagers, who just want a easy win with fun.

LoL is one of those easy to play, hard to master things. You can play Draven all fine and dandy on your first go, but if you want to really do well with him, you need to increase your micro-managing skills to catch those axes and really increase your DPS/Burst (Draven and Graves are probably the most burst oriented ADCs in LoL).
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 5, 2013 2:26am | Report
WAAALLLLSSS OF TEXT!!!

Here's it in short:

I play almost every single existing MOBA and I cannot say one is better than the other.

Dota 2 looks amazing and has some nice kick butt action. But yet it has little OP Drow Ranger!

LoL offers me the advance strategic play I crave for so often, and it has no Drow Ranger!

Smite looks more amazing than any other MOBA, I LOVE SKILLSHOTS , fun gameplay. Awesome symphonies of abilities (Ares + Odin + Zeuss + Yimir = Faceroll)

Other such as:
Prime worlds: Unbalanced heroes , looks great , nice mechanics but its still in BETA
Minecraft MOBA: Just fun to beat the snot out of all the little square peoplez
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 5, 2013 4:06am | Report
I only play smite and LOL. In my opinion, they got the same difficulty as smite follows some of LOL's items and skills. In my opinion, their graphics have their own greatness with smite more realistic and lol more cartoonist. The balance of both is pretty nice too.

My only problem is that in smite I am great with ADC and very bad with Mage. Meanwhile in LOL I am very good with Mage but bad with ADC

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }