Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Re: Which has more BS in it?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Re: Which has more BS in it? 16 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

BS stuff:
Youtube comment section
MOBA games
FPS games
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » May 17, 2014 4:28am | Report
I did this thread a year ago I think.

Thought I'd try again since it's been awhile!

Forgot to add "Other". Just mention your "Other" place and explain why!
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 17, 2014 4:40am | Report
Twitch chat, just look at that thing

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » May 17, 2014 5:02am | Report

Twitch chat, just look at that thing

Depends on the channel?
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » May 17, 2014 5:09am | Report
Again, easily the YouTube comments section. Regardless of what the video is even about, you're bound to find some arguments about **** not even related to the video itself. It's a real cesspool of keyboard thugs.

FPS games and MOBAs can get pretty bad too.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » May 17, 2014 5:53am | Report
SoapSuds wrote:

Again, easily the YouTube comments section. Regardless of what the video is even about, you're bound to find some arguments about **** not even related to the video itself. It's a real cesspool of keyboard thugs.

This. I had a fight with a dumbass on youtube some days ago about Watch Dogs. I said: ''They could improve the water fx a little bit, it looks kinda choppy'', and he started flaming at me, saying that I should do something better then. I said this is not my business, this is Ubisoft's business, not mine, since I cannot build a video-game company and make a game.

Then he told me to stfu and play Wii( I still don't understand why people flame Nintendo so much... Nintendo >>> Sony >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Microsoft, just saying).

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » May 17, 2014 6:02am | Report
Looking through Youtube comments is like digging for treasure in a minefield, sometimes you strike gold and sometimes you get your face blow clean off.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » May 18, 2014 5:13am | Report
SoapSuds wrote:

I came here with the exact same thought in mind.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 18, 2014 5:19am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Depends on the channel?

youtube depends on the channel as well, oh and Kappa (that thing is retarted)

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » May 18, 2014 8:56am | Report

youtube depends on the channel as well, oh and Kappa (that thing is retarted)

Kappa is the emote that fits me so good. I make that face so many times....

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » May 18, 2014 9:58am | Report
Youtube comments are horrendous. It's an absolutely toxic community where very few people have common sense and even less are constructive with anything they say. People on there like to insult with no basis and arguments don't even have to remotely do with videos. That's why many people have taken to disabling comments, notably TotalBiscuit, because it's just so toxic there. Just look at CollegeHumour's video We Didn't Start the Flame War (parody of we didn't start the fire) and you'll see the kind of immature things people say.

FPS...it's not that bad. Depending on the platform you play on, there's not that much interaction between people save the occassional person with a mic on consoles or all-chat warrior if on PC who will rage or call his teammates bad...but games are short. It's like a 10 minute game in any mode, more or less. And it's much much easier to just leave a game if it's bad. So FPS games aren't really an issue.

MOBA's are pretty damn bad, but they're not the worst. Since every game is a mini-experience, where it's not like WoW where you keep your stuff, but you restart completely every game, it's harder to dodge and not severely impact. You basically can't leave a game or you ruin your team, so you're forced to stick it out. This causes a downward spiral as soon as someone starts to get mad. Everything starts to bug them, and voila, the common rager. This isn't something that can be fixed except on a case-by-case basis, just because of how the MOBA is designed. This leaves it pretty toxic but able to be remedied by continued helpfulness, consideration, and politeness from us to ragers. This leaves it less problematic than youtube.

I also agree with what someone said above about Twitch. That chat is basically live-feed youtube. But* harmful messages usually fly by on a screen and arguments in large chatrooms are hard to occur because of the sheer number of messages being sent. Thus, most trolls are limited to just spamming a message, usually involving ****ers or kappas, and can be easily ignored, or have sub mode turned on and everything controlled from there.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }