Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Pl0x

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Pl0x 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » September 25, 2013 11:22am | Report
Just posted this on another community site that I frequent, but I feel like that place is dying so I'm gonna go ahead and repeat it here:

I feel like I have misplaced a parenthesis or done something incorrectly somewhere in this...thing.

y=cot5(sec2(6x3+5x)4), which is equivalent to (cot(sec(6x3+5x)4)2)5

So,

y'= 5(cot(sec(6x3+5x)4)2)4 · -csc2(sec2(6x3+5x)4)2 · 2(sec(6x3+5x)4) · (sec2(6x3+5x)4)(tan(6x3+5x)4) · 4(6x3+5x)3 · 18x2 +5.

If you want to plug in a value for "x" and actually solve it, be my guest...LOL, but yeah if you spot any errors in deriving it please let me know.

Edit: fixed one and had a funky "Ã" going on in there, lol.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 25, 2013 5:59pm | Report
I have a friend who is a calculus junkie. If I see him later tonight, I will have him look at this for you.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » September 25, 2013 6:13pm | Report
Thanks, a helpful person on my other site said that I actually can't use that method when trigonometry terms are in there, so it might all be wrong. If that's the case: ****.

lol

I'll wait to see what your friend says, too. It's not something I need graded, but something I just want to get correct.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » September 25, 2013 6:40pm | Report
So wait.. Why do you want this solved?

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » September 25, 2013 6:47pm | Report
It was a problem given in class that was never properly solved and it's bugging me.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » September 25, 2013 7:36pm | Report
Oh.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 25, 2013 9:43pm | Report
Well, he is busting out the Juggernaut (super awesome calculator). Courtesy of SnubMachina:

It's a very difficult problem. You were on the right track. As for your derivative of Sec(" ") remember it's that (d/dx)sec(x) = sec(x)tan(x) not (sec(x))^2 tan(x). As for the entire problem I can't help too much because I don't want to give you the wrong answer (or type that **** out), but you have the right idea. Go to wolfram and see what it tells you, that's probably your best resource.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » September 25, 2013 10:23pm | Report
....., i don't want to finish school now .-.

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » September 26, 2013 5:15am | Report
Tell your friend thanks! Don't know why I thought sec2(x)tan(x) was the derivative, I must've had an inkblot over it.

Okay, if everything seems right I will actually attempt to solve it and see what my professor says tomorrow. I just didn't want to walk in there with something way off, xD

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » September 26, 2013 5:17am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

....., i don't want to finish school now .-.

Don't worry, it's not even something required in the curriculum, and certainly not going to be even mentioned in high school. Finish your education, boy!

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }