Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Concerns about the front page

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Concerns about the front page 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 27, 2013 12:20pm | Report
Okay, so front page stuff should be really good right? Well lately, I've noticed there is guides on the front page without any information. I semi=dislike seeing nondetailed guides on the front page of smitefire. Compared to other MOBA sites like MOBAfire and Dotafire, their guides that are on the fornt page actually deserve to be there while Smitefire has a bunch of builds with little to no information on the frontpage. Although mainly this is cause Smite doesn't have such a big fanbase after the long installment of LoL and DOTA, or HoN.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » March 27, 2013 12:58pm | Report
I agree, I've seen some builds on there that are really good. Other builds on there just show the items and have notihng else, save for the few where they type three words and then say "I worked really hard on this build"

I'll admit that my first guides SUCKED, but I've slowly but surely been working on them trying to make them look better. It does piss me off when I see guides that have no info and they get liked. It's as if some people on this site don't know what a good guide is. Meh...

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ElGrizz » March 27, 2013 1:17pm | Report
Every guide ever created can always be improved upon, but yeah we should probably take advantage of the downvote option. If a ****py guide gets upvoted it'll show up on the front page if it has the most upvotes. Mobafire has a serious fanbase and you'll see some guides with a lot of downvotes lol

Add me to Smite! IGN: ElGrizz

Hit that +Rep, I can tell you want to...

A Fetus?! Mother of God!

ElGrizz

Prominent (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » March 28, 2013 5:05pm | Report
We had plans to update the front page to be more like DotAFire, but also incorporate a god rotation since they introduced that. I will check up with the programmers to see the status on this update.

As ElGrizz said, you can always downvote the guides you think are bad and if others agree with you other users should get a nice warning about the quality of the guide from the rating.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » April 3, 2013 7:13pm | Report
I see that you have updated the front page Mowen! What about the picture that fits the cover for Apollo, the god of Music.

Oh damn! Even more improvements. I see this overhauling getting done.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » April 3, 2013 9:41pm | Report
How did I miss this thread? Anyways, allow me to give my input to the situation.

I think it would be a better idea to enforce some kind of minimum requirements before a guide can be accepted. For example, in addition to just showing the build at the top, you must also provide some basic details in regards to how to play the god and why your build is good.

I honestly see no reason WIPs should even be accepted. I've been to many other sites where this sort of thing would never fly, and unfinished work would get taken down on the spot. Why? Because you are wasting people's time by flooding their site with that stuff. Not only do visitors not want to sift through a pile of unfinished guides, it also becomes a nuissance when the authors also fail to own up to their promise and leave those guides unfinished!

Probably the most common excuse I've seen for submitting WIP is to receieve "feedback". To be honest, if you want us to give feedback on an unfinished guide, you're essentially trying to make us write your guide for you... at which point I have to ask: why did you start one in the first place if you couldn't finish it on your own?
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » April 3, 2013 9:48pm | Report
Lol, I feel guilty. My Kali guide is still in the works....cause sloth tells me to procrastinate on the god matchups section.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » April 5, 2013 1:53pm | Report
It took me a while to realize the front page was changed and then make the image, haha. Now it's up. :)

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ElGrizz » April 6, 2013 6:04pm | Report
I do have a few suggestions for the site if I can. One thing that can be a bit frustrating is knowing when someone has replied to a thread I posted on, or a blog etc. The only way I see to find replies is to check past threads/blogs that I've posted in. Or is this something I can fix from my settings?

Oh also, I really appreciate the button for marking all read. I was having problems with certain threads showing unread when they were all read. xD

Add me to Smite! IGN: ElGrizz

Hit that +Rep, I can tell you want to...

A Fetus?! Mother of God!

ElGrizz

Prominent (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » April 7, 2013 2:17am | Report
ElGrizz wrote:

I do have a few suggestions for the site if I can. One thing that can be a bit frustrating is knowing when someone has replied to a thread I posted on, or a blog etc. The only way I see to find replies is to check past threads/blogs that I've posted in. Or is this something I can fix from my settings?

Oh also, I really appreciate the button for marking all read. I was having problems with certain threads showing unread when they were all read. xD

I need this option Q.Q

and yes, there is a bug with Threads that have a poll showing up read when they are still unread which cause the main forum page to show you stuff is unread :p
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }