Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Asking for Opinion about KP

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Asking for Opinion about KP 21 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 4, 2014 1:11pm | Report
I feel like I'm the only person who enjoys the song. But c'est la vie. I'm not very picky with songs unless the meaning is bad. Not that it lacks goodness, but is outright malicious and/or mindless.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » April 4, 2014 1:16pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I feel like I'm the only person who enjoys the song. But c'est la vie. I'm not very picky with songs unless the meaning is bad. Not that it lacks goodness, but is outright malicious and/or mindless.

I like it as well :3

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » April 4, 2014 4:07pm | Report
Dark Horse is alright as a song, I don't like the video though. I listen to a bit of mainstream but don't like everything

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » April 4, 2014 6:04pm | Report
The only song I like from her is Fireworks, and that's mainly because I like the music video...
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » April 4, 2014 7:32pm | Report
Honestly, I rarely hear a music about its melodies, etc, I hear the songs for its meaning, it kinda encourage me to keep living

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » April 4, 2014 9:14pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

Honestly, I rarely hear a music about its melodies, etc, I hear the songs for its meaning, it kinda encourage me to keep living

...unless it's electro :P
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » April 6, 2014 3:18pm | Report
I really don't like pop, but a few artists are decent and I can enjoy listening to some of them. Katy Perry was one of those, but this song. This song makes me want to puke. I really don't like it. o.o

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » April 6, 2014 9:16pm | Report
Jordenito wrote:

I, personally, am a snob in music. I can't stand pop music (and pop culture for that matter). The problem with today's music industry is that it has become an industry. Music was meant to bring joy to the world in an artistic way, not to be a job for people to make money out of it - that's not its purpose. And I must tell that pop artists and the music they make is generally to make money. Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, 0.5 dollars, all of those so called "artists" make trashy music, without any meaning, and I hate their songs. All of them. Can't stand them.

I mean, you could make this case for pretty much anything... Football (or soccer for you silly Americans) was probably meant as just a casual sport to have fun with friends, now look at how much they get paid. Same case goes for American Football. Basically any sport, I guess, started casual and has now become huge.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » April 6, 2014 9:37pm | Report
That's not what I meant. Generally speaking, most football players don't play football to make ridiculous amounts of money.
The fact that "musicians" make a **** load of money doesn't bother much, heck, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and Nirvana also made a **** load of money. My problem is that the music industry is all about money and being famous. Do you think Kurt Cobain or John Lennon seek money? No. They made their music to deliver a message, their opinion, to create, as artists. Nowadays, being a "musician" has became a job. It shouldn't be this way. I like to look at the money musician make as a "perk" for creating something marvelous, new, and fun to listen to. And when you have so many po(o)p singers today, that half of their lyrics is "*****, imma slap yo ***", "sex" or "nigga", it's just, uh... So obnoxious. I despise po(o)p culture.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » April 7, 2014 7:01pm | Report
I don't really have a problem with them being motivated by money so long as the songs themselves are good. 'Sides most of the songs nowadays aren't even written by the vocalists themselves, so they're usually being paid for being able to perfect the songs with their voices (and of course, performances). But, yeah, I definitely shy away from music such as the god-awful "nigga nigga nigga" trash that you mentioned. I prefer songs like this:

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }