Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anyone here play competitive Smash Bros?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Anyone here play competitive Smash Bros? 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 29, 2015 10:10pm | Report
The two main games I've really gotten into the meta and competitive side are Smite and Smash Bros. Melee was my first console game so I've had a lot of time to get good at it. However, as of late I've taken much more interest in Project M due to its superior character balance and larger cast of characters, while still maintaining the speed and tech skill that melee has over Brawl (and I believe Smash 4 as well).

Overall though, I'm just curious if any other people on Smitefire share my addiction and if so, who they like to play. My main is Mario and my alt is Pikachu in PM, while in Melee my main is Pikachu and my alt is Marth.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 30, 2015 1:00am | Report
I play Smash 4.

PM is nice, but I don't like Melee. I don't like the skill floor of wavedashing and the dozen techs you need to learn to be remotely competent. I do like PM's original movesets and balance, though.

Smash 4 Mains: Ike, Lucina, Palutena, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Bowser, Charizard.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 30, 2015 4:02am | Report
Well you asked for it, you would bring up one fighting game me and my friend rape at :D

I'm not going to talk about Smash for Wii U because I haven't played it much

All I know is that to me and my friend Melee was perfection, no fighting game was as crazy and the type of skill you could acquire in Melee was ****ing absurd, thats why me and my friend think Melee/Project M is superior to every Smash Game and fighting game in history. Btw my friend is a huge super smash fiend, he put so many hours into melee that his game cube literally was at all 9's.

Melee was ****ing amazing because of the skill gap you could acquire, in super smash what set it apart from other games that I have ever played in my entire life was that "Skill" was the biggest factor and not the character you pick or anything else.

Now yes, when people say things like "I won because I had more skill" yes, most games you can obviously have more skill than someone, but super smash melee took that **** to an entire different level than any other game I have ever played besides two other games which I will list at the end.

* What made Melee crazy was the fact that you can be so damn skilled that you can literally be untouchable, when I say untouchable I mean the exact definition of "untouchable".

Its almost unfair, oh wait it is unfair
A person who is super good at Melee would absolutely wreck someone who is just average, even someone who just called themselves "good" would be put to shame by anyone who has mastered almost every thing you can do in Melee.

Melee was fair though, everyone can train, eveyone can step their game up, if someone decides not to become better that is not my fault or anyone else's fault that we became much better with our characters than they did.

That is what made Melee, Melee, the fact that legit training could turn you into a freaking legendary fighting machine, brawl and the new smash took that away and turned it more into old style fighting and made it less crazy and fast, less things to become better at.

So basically they took away the big *** skill gap someone could obtain. Don't get me wrong, someone can get a high skill gap on any smash, but on Melee and Project M, someone with a high skill gap will disgrace you and you will never face them again :D

In terms of Melee/Project M this is why me and my friend like it
* Super fast movements
* Super fast game play
* Insane skill gap you can acquire
* Tons of techniques to master and learn
* Combos are insane
* Wave dashing
* Moon walking
* L-canceling
* Wall Tec-ing
* Ect

All characters were worthy of bringing a strait *** whooping, the fact is someone could be so good with jiggly puff and make that ***** look like Super Saiyan Goku.

The reason why Melee is the best is because you can take two people with the same character and each will be on a entire different level, one marth might be slow as **** and only able to hit a few combos, the other marth might be fast as ****, can combo your *** so quick that he 3 stocks you before 1 minute comes.

That is why Melee is the best

My fav character on Melee was = Captian Falcon

I even had my own finisher with Captain Falcon that me and my friend would do against people and disgrace their characters with it.

Here it is :D

The finisher I came up with was called "The Mark of Shame" and its only with Captain Falcon.

I'm not sure if you ever seen a Captain Falcon moon walk on Melee, but basically if you moon walk with Captain Falcon then hurry up and press forward Captain Falcon will start to run very very very slowly, then he will gain some speed.

Well basically this is how I made the Mark of Shame, I usually do it to disgrace people for fighting my Captain Falcon.

- You moon walk with Captain Falcon, then press forward to run and hold it in.
- Captain Falcon will start to run in slow motion for the first split second
- Captain Falcon then picks up speed through his run
- You then jump and Falcon Knee them for the K.O

That was the Mark of Shame and the reason it shames people is because of the slow start up, the fact that I wind up the slow motion moon walk then go finish them with a knee is the funniest thing I ever done.

My friend played Sheik, and he is annoying AF with Sheik.

I don't really like the other Smashes much, on Brawl my main Character was Wolf because Captain Faclon was not that great since you cannot go crazy like on Melee.

I haven't played the new Smash much, only my friend has it, hes probably really good at it but when he first got it, he even told me Melee/Project M is still his favorite.

Yes I am a Melee/Project M **** rider and I will **** rider it forever!!!

My list of annoying ****ers to face on Melee/Project M (I haven't played Project M in over a year so I don't know whats going on now or if they added anything)

#1 Falco - OMFG, this is the most annoying ***** to face, face someone who is good at **** and short jump lasers you out the ***, you can't even touch him half the time because short jump lasers stun you every time you try to get in on him, and his down B is fast as ****.

#2 Marth - Over slash nuff said.... Marth is the ***** with long as range, every time you try to come back from the cliff, nope get hit back off, nope get hit back off, nope my sword is too long, nope it does more damage if you hit the edge of it..... His over slash is the worst **** to face because its sort of hard to deal with

Trolls

- Kirby = Let me suck you up and commit suicide for the win
- Donkey Kong = Let me grab you and commit suicide for the win
- Link = Let me just stand still and press UP B and spin on the edge so you can't ever come back

^^^^^ My fav fighting game is Melee, and I put the most work to become good as **** in that game, its the only fighting game I am confident I would actually merk people in, usually fighting games are not me thing, but Melee made me fiend on it when my friend would train with me.

He used to invite people over his house to play with us... of course they would get destroyed lol.

You should see how many people say **** like
- That wave dash is *********
- Those movements are *********
- You have to L-cancel to win, thats stupid
- Grab *****

People used to get so pissed when I chain grab with Captain Falcon.

*As you can tell by my big *** post, I LOVE Melee/Project M* but melee is that old school ****.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 30, 2015 8:15am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I play Smash 4.

PM is nice, but I don't like Melee. I don't like the skill floor of wavedashing and the dozen techs you need to learn to be remotely competent. I do like PM's original movesets and balance, though.

Smash 4 Mains: Ike, Lucina, Palutena, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Bowser, Charizard.

I used to be kind of the same, but they actually don't take nearly as long as you'd think to learn. I learned wavedashing *competently* in about a day and a half just by going to training with luigi for 30 minutes and then practicing in matches with characters like mario and marth who have decent wavedashes. Aside from that, there are lots of characters that actually don't take a lot of specific tech to learn. Falco and Fox require a huge amount of tech skill, but learning Sheik or Marth well enough to be competitive isn't nearly as bad.

If you have time, I would recommend trying it out since performing good combos with your tech can feel amazing, but if not I'm not gonna judge.

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 30, 2015 8:22am | Report
@Icen

I agree with your reasons why Melee/PM are great, but if you look at pro tekken or streetfighter players I'd say they at least have equal tech skill so calling melee the greatest fighting game of all time from a technical depth standpoint is a hard point to argue (however I will agree that it's definitely the most fun ^^).

Your Mark of Shame is pretty funny but nothing dishonors bad gameplay like hitting someone with a falcon punch X]

Also you say Marth's "over slash" is ********, but wtf is an over slash lol. Do you mean forward smash? Forward Air? Forward Tilt? (I'm gonna guess it's his forward smash since that's so strong).

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 30, 2015 11:01am | Report
Zilby wrote:

@Icen

I agree with your reasons why Melee/PM are great, but if you look at pro tekken or streetfighter players I'd say they at least have equal tech skill so calling melee the greatest fighting game of all time from a technical depth standpoint is a hard point to argue (however I will agree that it's definitely the most fun ^^).

Your Mark of Shame is pretty funny but nothing dishonors bad gameplay like hitting someone with a falcon punch X]

Also you say Marth's "over slash" is ********, but wtf is an over slash lol. Do you mean forward smash? Forward Air? Forward Tilt? (I'm gonna guess it's his forward smash since that's so strong).
Yup foward slash

Basically its this

C stick + >

or Press A and right/left at the same time

Its just ggggeeey how Marth can have that range and almost all moves you try to get in with won't break the range because even if you go over his head it has a chance to hit you, unless your like literally over on top of his head then it probably won't.

This is why I like Melee da best, combos like this made me want to rape people in Smash :( Unfortunately this rape is no longer available int he newer smashes because this **** is no possible no more....

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 30, 2015 12:20pm | Report
That's probs the most popular smash clip on youtube, not my favorite, but definitely the best commentary lol.

Also, as for countering Marth's forward smash, try shielding and wavedashing out of shield to a grab. The move has a ton of lag after, so you'll have time to wavedash once or twice torwards him (the only character that may not be able to do this is Luigi since he'll get pushed back so far due to his slipperiness). You can also shorthop and air dodge close to the ground while he does it since your landing lag will be shorter than the lag after his smash.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » May 30, 2015 12:20pm | Report
Yeah I at least try to play SSB4 competitively. I have a friend that likes to pretend he's Mango and always off-screen downsmashes people or shines them. Showoff -_-
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DarkMatterGaming » June 9, 2015 1:36pm | Report
I haven't touched competitive Smash in awhile - 3DS circle pad is currently kinda borked, and my GBC controller's C-Stick isn't responding... at all. I did touch Project M a little bit, and now that you mention it I need to get back into it - thanks! - and what I played of Smash 4 was... honestly kinda boring, now that I look back at it.

...On the other hand, I pose another question: who here has played Brawl Minus?
Nope nope nope nope no--

DarkMatterGaming

Notable (1)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }