Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITE Release Date and 100K Launch Tournament

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » SMITE Release Date and 100K Launch Tournament 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » November 26, 2013 5:02am | Report
Hi-Rez Studios Announces SMITE Release Date and 100K Launch Tournament
by Hirez Maria | Nov 26, 2013

ATLANTA. November 26, 2013. Hi-Rez Studios, a leading developer of free-to-play online action games, today announced that the 3D MOBA game SMITE will officially launch in Europe and North America on Tuesday, March 25, 2014. In addition, a $100,000 LAN Tournament to celebrate the release will be held the following weekend.

The company also announced their mythology-themed 3D action MOBA game has accrued over 2,500,000 registered players to date through its extended Open Beta phase.

The $100,000 SMITE Launch Tournament will take place on Saturday, March 29, and Sunday, March 30, 2014 in Atlanta, Georgia in front of a live audience. The tournament will include the top four teams in Europe and the top four in North America who will have qualified from the SMITE Weekly Tournament Series beginning on January 4, 2014. The event will also be live-streamed worldwide via twitch.tv/smitegame.

Further information on SMITE tournaments can be found on esports.smitegame.com.

All player progress in SMITE's Open Beta will carry over to the game's general release. Also, all Beta players who reach level 30 before the launch date will unlock the Cacodemon skin for the playable god Ymir. For more information, and to play SMITE for free in Open Beta, go to www.SMITEgame.com. Tutorials, game play videos, and more community content can also be found at www.youtube.com/smitegame.

About Hi-Rez Studios

Hi-Rez Studios was established in 2005 to create exceptional online interactive entertainment. In 2010 the company released their first title, the squad-based shooter MMO Global Agenda. In April 2012 the company released the critically acclaimed Tribes: Ascend, billed as the World's Fastest Shooter. Hi-Rez Studios is now developing the upcoming action 3D MOBA game SMITE.

For more information, visit www.hirezstudios.com or contact [email protected].

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 26, 2013 5:09am | Report
I got until march to get cacodemon?

grind.exe

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » November 26, 2013 5:27am | Report
Now there is no excuse to not focus on balance gods, before they you could make the argument "Its still in beta" now that's no longer possible.

Also Having almost all gods be balanced upon launch will impressive both Smite fans and other people who have not tried/don't know about the game get.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 26, 2013 9:14am | Report
Now I have a deadline. I think I can get 2 levels in 5 months.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RaraJacome » November 26, 2013 9:49am | Report
I Need CACODEMON YMIR NOW #THATGRIND
Jungle/Mid
IGN - OneVoneMeBrah

RaraJacome

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 26, 2013 3:39pm | Report
It's easy to get to lvl 30. I think I only made it in less than 2 months. So some of you guys don't need to worry.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » November 26, 2013 3:41pm | Report
Level 30 is easy. Now let's talk about ranked. THAT'S hard...

Oh well, I'm happy that Smite will finally be released. I loved to help the game to improve in the Closed beta!

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by F5000 » November 30, 2013 7:09am | Report

Now there is no excuse to not focus on balance gods, before they you could make the argument "Its still in beta" now that's no longer possible.

Also Having almost all gods be balanced upon launch will impressive both Smite fans and other people who have not tried/don't know about the game get.

as far as i noticed that the players in same range of levels are playing together in a match

i mean player lvl 1 - 10 they play in a match together

11 - 20 same story

21 - 30 same story

so i think new players wont be in a match with old players ( which their levels range is between 18 - 30 )

i hope u got my point

F5000

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » November 30, 2013 10:49am | Report
yay

now my friends will try it out :D
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Valdemir » December 2, 2013 5:46pm | Report
So if I am not misunderstanding, this tournament will be Conquest?
A shame, because I prefer Arena :3

Valdemir

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }