Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why Can't I buy Items?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Why Can't I buy Items? 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Draknar » August 16, 2013 8:23am | Report
Hey guys,

New player with a quick question.

So I'm playing a match, and I already bought two items for the match.

I then wanted to buy a Heartseeker, but it was grayed out. I had 3x the gold over, so lack of funds wasn't an issue, and it just wouldn't let me buy the thing.

The match lasted quite a while, and frequently I would recall and try again, yet never could I buy the bloody thing even though my gold was overflowing.

Is this some sort of bug? Or are the devs just so incompetent that they decide to put a random requirement on purchases, and clicking on the grayed out "purchase" button won't show what is lacking?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

(oh and I was following a fairly popular guide, so I doubt there would even be a random "oh this class can't use that item" or other such issue. Doesn't make any sense.)

Draknar

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 16, 2013 8:31am | Report
who are you playing as, if you are playing as mage or magical tank, you can't buy those

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 16, 2013 8:35am | Report
Draknar wrote:

Hey guys,

New player with a quick question.

So I'm playing a match, and I already bought two items for the match.

I then wanted to buy a Heartseeker, but it was grayed out. I had 3x the gold over, so lack of funds wasn't an issue, and it just wouldn't let me buy the thing.

The match lasted quite a while, and frequently I would recall and try again, yet never could I buy the bloody thing even though my gold was overflowing.

Is this some sort of bug? Or are the devs just so incompetent that they decide to put a random requirement on purchases, and clicking on the grayed out "purchase" button won't show what is lacking?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

(oh and I was following a fairly popular guide, so I doubt there would even be a random "oh this class can't use that item" or other such issue. Doesn't make any sense.)

what guide were you using. also if this happens again try to relog.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Draknar » August 16, 2013 8:36am | Report
I was playing Ymir, using the top voted guide.

Is it a new thing or something that Ymir can't use those items?

Draknar

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 16, 2013 11:17am | Report
Ymir doesn't get any damage from physical power, that is why you couldn't buy it. The guide you was following must have been outdated, because this was changed last patch.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 16, 2013 12:01pm | Report
Draknar wrote:

those items would be useless on ymir because he can't do any pysical damage. all magical gods there basics were changed to magical basic attacks. now hirez has made it so that people won't buy items that won't do any thing for them by blocking items that won't do anything for you.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 16, 2013 12:04pm | Report
and people said it was pointless to do that! See! Someone was going to get heartseeker on Ymir, and now bought a useful item!

Sorry OP, I'm not bashing you, there was just a thread saying this change to not be able to buy useless items was useless, as trolls will find another way - I said that people who didn't know about mage tanks, for example, would benefit from this, and I think you did.

Basically, magic users can't buy physical power items, and physical users can't buy magic items, that's it.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by jgabrielmrbr » August 16, 2013 12:11pm | Report
Never forget facepunch Ymir <3
It was funny play hoader with him.

jgabrielmrbr

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 16, 2013 12:29pm | Report
Draknar wrote:

i have a probleme with this statement because there is no facepunch (ad) ymir guide here on smitefire.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Havain » August 18, 2013 7:43pm | Report
This is so horrible, as sobek I just can't buy any items I want for the effects anymore, certain auras and such. I want to play my gods like I want and this change does NOT give me that feeling, smite was fun but until this change gets set back I am done playing

Havain

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }