Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

which tank?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » which tank? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheLazyRaven » August 5, 2013 9:45am | Report
Right now i play cupid, isis, and herc as my main gods, but i want to throw a tank in there too. I find ymir kind of boring and bachus kind of annoying because of his mana consumption and and keeping him drunk is tiresome. Im pretty much just looking for a fun tank to play that is a good god to really support my team and lane. Any input is appreciated. Thanks
Rep+ because you love me :D

Also, check out my Chang'e guide here:

http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/change-cant-touch-this-2966

TheLazyRaven

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheLazyRaven » August 5, 2013 9:47am | Report
oh and right now im leaning towards vulcan or guan yu but im still open to others.

TheLazyRaven

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 5, 2013 9:51am | Report
Sobek and Athena are both very CC oriented, fun tanks to dive into the enemy team with. Both are based around a dash followed by two AoE's, one just has a knockup/heal reduction, the other has a taunt/double aoe damage.

Ares/Hades/Odin are all known for their AoE controlling ults, which combos incredibly nice with any AoE ult in the game, such as agni, zeus, poseidon, etc.

Guan Yu and Vulcan have no CC, but both can pump out a lot of damage. Vulcan is hard to manage, while guan yu can silence, has a nasty ult, a heal, and overall not bad damage.

So decide what playstyle you want. If you want CC, go with sobek or athena. If you want the wombo combo ults, go with ares, hades, or odin (all have nice waveclear, too). If you want a damage tank, go with Guan Yu or Vulcan.

Vamana is a bruiser, by the way. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise. You build him mixed physical protection and physical power, and he does damage.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheLazyRaven » August 5, 2013 10:18am | Report
thanks! that helped

TheLazyRaven

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 6, 2013 4:20am | Report
TheLazyRaven wrote:

oh and right now im leaning towards vulcan or guan yu but im still open to others.

Of those two Guan Yu is your best pick (he is top tier pick and all around an awesome tank, though he is getting changed soon).

Other than that I would recommend Sobek, Ymir or Bacchus (even though you didn't like them, you might learn to like them):P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 6, 2013 5:33am | Report
The best option might be either sobek or guan yu for you. Sobek is fun when you successfully make enemy get to your side and let your carry bring them back. His sustainability is good too. Guan yu is fun too cause he could still do damage. (It's funny that when Master YI from LoL completely change to AD, it happens to Guan Yu too

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 12, 2013 9:22pm | Report
TheLazyRaven wrote:

Right now i play cupid, isis, and herc as my main gods, but i want to throw a tank in there too. I find ymir kind of boring and bachus kind of annoying because of his mana consumption and and keeping him drunk is tiresome. Im pretty much just looking for a fun tank to play that is a good god to really support my team and lane. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Try Tyr. He's idiotically OP right now so that should be fun.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }