Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Which gods should never be used in Joust?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Which gods should never be used in Joust? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by jthamind » May 31, 2014 3:32pm | Report
i wanted to try out Bakasura, because he seemed super unique and super fun. after giving him a shot in a co-op Joust match and then a couple regular Joust matches, i definitely feel the same way about him.

the problem, though, is that he doesn't feel like he belongs in Joust. for the record, i've never played a single Conquest match; i've only played Joust and Arena. with that said, however, Joust feels too restricted for Bakasura. i feel like i need my own lane or jungle control to eat minions when i want and clear jungles when i want, and there just feels like too much overlap in Joust when everything is so shared between your two teammates and the other team.

so, i ultimately have three questions:

1. is Bakasura good in Joust, or is he more of a Conquest god?

2. are there any other gods who struggle in Joust? if so, who are they?

3. i want to try Conquest eventually, but it seems kind of daunting. it also really sucks that (iirc), there isn't a practice co-op mode for Conquest. what ways would you suggest learning about Conquest before i just into it?

jthamind

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 31, 2014 3:50pm | Report
well on point 1-2 I find that assassins (in 3 vs 3 1 vs 1 is different) have a pit of struggle mostly a joust team is guardian/warrior, mage, hunter. and the assassins need to fill in te hunter role mostly and the disadvantage of melee vs range can be huge.

1. bakasura can be played (won a match with a bakasura in team) but I would prefer conquest more with him

3. well the practice mode is only co-op with a party. but I would be familiar with the map a bit (where is solo an where is long lane jungle routes etc. and depending on lvl you can just jump right in it. If your still low lvls 0-10 I would just jump in it because the teams (both sides) will be screwed up a bit and mostly 2-1-2. 10-20 you want to know the map a bit and good places to ward and you want to know your role and char sometimes you will find a screwed up match. 20-30 the same as 10-20 but screwed up team (you or opponents) sometimes tend to have a screwed up team. 30 here screwed up games are really rare (depending on matchmaking)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » June 2, 2014 8:41pm | Report
1: I heard one of the dev's say baka is the original jungler god, so yes he excells in the jungle (conquest)
2: Zong Khui? He sucks at most gamemodes where he can't farm stacks safely ex. Arena / Joust
And also most assassins suffer in this small map , no room to gank or assassinate...
3: Conquest map roam is a bot conquest. Don't worry my supernoob friends were also terrified of conquest, but now they LOVE it, just click that search button ;)
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » June 2, 2014 9:06pm | Report
It's not that assassins are useless in joust.

Assassins like Bastet or Mercury can easily secure kills or chase stragglers and potentially score a deicide for your team.

However, assassins do tend to fall off in wave-clearing. As long as you have a great clearer like Ra or Ao Kuang, it would be no problem.

I've seen Ares or Hades comboed with bakasura wreck the enemy team.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by jthamind » June 7, 2014 9:00am | Report
i ended up just jumping right into conquest, and i'm having fun so far. i've only been using Chang'e and done mid or right lanes, so there's a lot i still have to learn. but it was nowhere near as daunting as i thought it would be. jungling seems terrifying, though. lol. seems like you have to have a lot of awareness and be able to adapt on the fly.

jthamind

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » June 7, 2014 10:54am | Report
As far as the roles above are concerned, there's generally 3 types of teams:

Assassin - Mage - Warrior/Tank
Hunter - Mage - Warrior/Tank
Warrior - Mage - Tank

Warriors and Tanks are exchangeable, as both fit that burly frontline role. But you *need* a mage for that magic damage and waveclear. If you were to go Assassin, Hunter, Mage, you'd have no frontline and, except for late game, be ruined from lack of initiation and tankiness. Hunters are usually valued over assassins because they can safely dps down a tower or phoenix, where assassins cannot. However, Bakasura, Kali, Mercury, and Thanatos are all viable joust gods, since all require jumping into the fray, but don't face as much opposition as a 5v5 team where they can easily be focused down.

I personally *love* Kali in joust, she's unstoppable at 4 items.

For specific gods, though....hmm. I can't imagine anyone is *terrible* at joust, although Arachne really doesn't do much, but otherwise everyone is decent
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Feldrawn » June 20, 2014 12:30pm | Report
jthamind wrote:

i ended up just jumping right into conquest, and i'm having fun so far. i've only been using Chang'e and done mid or right lanes, so there's a lot i still have to learn. but it was nowhere near as daunting as i thought it would be. jungling seems terrifying, though. lol. seems like you have to have a lot of awareness and be able to adapt on the fly.

Not to put you down, but when you say 'Right Lanes' I find that confusing, as most other people will. If you could please refer to the lanes as Duo, Mid, or Solo? In case you don't know (I'm NOT trying to be condescending, just helping) Solo is the short lane, mostly meant for bruisers. Duo lane is the LONG lane that has a support and ADC(hunter) in it. Mid lane is, well, the middle lane. Hope I helped!
Neith - The supreme Goddess of the Egyptian Pantheon, and the mother to all

Feldrawn

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Feldrawn » June 20, 2014 12:35pm | Report
As far as who to play in joust, I think you can pick whomever you are comfortable with. If you win or lose, it mgiht not be about what character you picked at all, its a 3v3 so some team compositions work, and some don't. You just have to think of it like a scientific experiement or equation. "Hey, do you think that Poseidon would go well with Ares?" Then you think of the abilities they can make work together, and boom, you make magic happen. The same goes for assassins, its a 3v3 composition, so you don't have 2 other characters to help your team work together fluidly, just think, "hmm I wonder if Freya and Bastet would go together?" what ability effects do they have in common? They can both slow targets, they can both move around relatively easy they are both high damage. That's how you should think with all gods in all compositions, in all game modes. But don't worry, its more like a reflexive thing after you start playing smite alot, heck you might pick it up right after you read this. Point is, pick a solid co-existing team, and make magic happen!
Neith - The supreme Goddess of the Egyptian Pantheon, and the mother to all

Feldrawn

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }