Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Which gods should I learn to play?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Which gods should I learn to play? 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by jthamind » June 7, 2014 9:07am | Report
the gods i own right now are:

Chang'e
Ymir
Thanatos
Cupid
Scylla
Agni
Bakasura
Sun Wukong
Hun Batz

i'm at 5,500 favor again, and i want to keep adding gods to my collection, but i'm running out of gods that i really, really want. i mean, the whole cast seems creative and fun, and i want to try them all eventually, but right now none jump out at me like the ones i bought.

my question is this: are there any gods you feel all players should know/have? whether it's because they fit so well on teams that you should have access to them and know how to play them, or they help you learn the game better, or you always play against them so you should know how they work, etc.

basically, any advice on which gods to get next (and your reason behind your suggestion) would be nice. for the record, i've been considering Aphrodite, Freya, Kali, Anubis, and possibly Tyr. but the last time i tried a warrior (Sun Wukong) i was terrible. lol.

also, as a side note i play Arena, Joust, and i just started getting into Conquest a few days ago. so they don't have to be specific to one mode.

jthamind

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » June 7, 2014 10:58am | Report
You need Ra if you don't have him. He's the staple utility mage, who both has damage and teamfight utility. I have the godpack so I don't remember if he's free or not anymore, lol, but it's absolutely imperative you get Ra. Otherwise, Poseidon is very strong still, Athena is an amazing tank, and Hercules recently received buffs while every other warrior was ruined.

But seriously, if you're starting to get into Conquest, Ra is necessary. You can play him Solo Lane (his sustain {healing} and waveclear RUIN warriors who go in the lane) or mid lane. His first ability instantly clears a wave, his second blinds and slows assassins who try to kill him, and his third is an insane heal, with an ultimate that nukes everyone in a line. Ra has very little downside.

For Arena, Kali, Scylla (whom you own), Loki, He Bo, and Zeus are all pretty fun, and who all become very out of control if not locked down.

If you plan on staying in the game, I heavily suggest the god pack (if it's still available, I think). You get every god in the game, plus every god that will every be released, ever!
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by jthamind » June 7, 2014 11:34am | Report
thanks for the suggestions, i appreciate it. i've been playing the game for a couple months now and have no plans of stopping, but unfortunately i can't afford the god pack. :(

so i pretty much have to take it one god at a time lol.

jthamind

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » June 7, 2014 11:46am | Report
no problem. If you ever have a role or class you want a god for, lemme know and I'll tell you who's decent or good in it
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 7, 2014 12:26pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

If you plan on staying in the game, I heavily suggest the god pack (if it's still available, I think). You get every god in the game, plus every god that will every be released, ever!

It's still available but the price reduction is now of it.

Ra is one of the 5 start owned gods

What too do with the favor if you have a god pack except buying skins.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » June 7, 2014 12:31pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

It's still available but the price reduction is now of it.

Ra is one of the 5 start owned gods

What too do with the favor if you have a god pack except buying skins.

Nothing much, but I've got the godpack and I can't wait til I can buy a new skin :P!

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 7, 2014 12:33pm | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Nothing much, but I've got the godpack and I can't wait til I can buy a new skin :P!

I still like the normal skins more sometimes and the nicest skins are gems :(

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by jthamind » June 8, 2014 10:35am | Report
i started using Ra yesterday, and he's pretty cool. i feel like i suck with him, but w/e. i suck with most of the gods i use. lol.

anyways, i have a question about his ultimate. what's the range on it? before i had ever used Ra, i thought his ult reached a lot further than it really does. but after using him, it doesn't seem to travel as far as i initially thought. if i was standing at one tower in the Joust map, would it be able to reach the enemy tower? if so, what about the phoenix? just a general idea of how far it could reach would be helpful, so that when i do need to use it i can make it count.

jthamind

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 8, 2014 10:39am | Report
nope I think it reaches half of the lane when you stand in your tower range

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » June 8, 2014 10:49am | Report
jthamind wrote:

i started using Ra yesterday, and he's pretty cool. i feel like i suck with him, but w/e. i suck with most of the gods i use. lol.

anyways, i have a question about his ultimate. what's the range on it? before i had ever used Ra, i thought his ult reached a lot further than it really does. but after using him, it doesn't seem to travel as far as i initially thought. if i was standing at one tower in the Joust map, would it be able to reach the enemy tower? if so, what about the phoenix? just a general idea of how far it could reach would be helpful, so that when i do need to use it i can make it count.

You can see that when you cast it?
Press 'K' go under the ultimate, open the tab and select 'Normal Casting'.
Then when you press 4 (default keybinding) you can see the range ;)

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }