Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Which Gods can play the ADC role?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Which Gods can play the ADC role? 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Levy » December 6, 2014 11:15am | Report
I've never really understand which Gods can, is it a case of if they can carry then you can in theory play them ADC or is it if they're auto attack based?

Levy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » December 6, 2014 11:47am | Report
Mostly people play hunters in ADC role. Such as Apollo, Rama , Ullr. Just choose the hunter role in gods tab and you will see ;)

Also people sometimes play Mercury, Loki and Vulcan as adc, but they are niche picks, and I personally recommend you to start of with normal hunters.

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by _angrytoast » December 6, 2014 11:48am | Report
Well mostly hunters play the ADC role because they are ranged and have high auto attack damage. You don't really every hear of gods like Ra in the duo lane. Technically, you don't have to be a physical ranged god to carry, but generally ADC's do more damage because of their auto attacks. With the exception of Freya, I'd stick to gods like Apollo, Rama, and Ullr in the duo lane.

Also- if you feel exceptionally adventurous, try ADC Scylla; a couple professional players did that a while ago.

_angrytoast

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » December 6, 2014 11:49am | Report
Every single hunter can adc. All of these gods. You can play more gods in the same role but 85% of the time, hunters are played in the ADC role. Your main goal is to farm up to get to late game asap.

So magical gods like Freya and Chronos can do this effectively well since they have incredible late games whose AA's hit like trucks.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Levy » December 6, 2014 2:23pm | Report
Couldn't Gods with good lane clear also perform well in that role though?

Levy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by _angrytoast » December 7, 2014 6:25am | Report
It wouldn't make any sense. Gods with great clear that aren't hunters go either mid or solo. I think that the name ADC might be confusing you, a ranged attack damage carry goes in the duo lane, not a burst mage with good clear (i.e He Bo). Both are technically carries but only the ranged ADC goes in the duo lane.

_angrytoast

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » December 7, 2014 7:12am | Report
Levy wrote:

Couldn't Gods with good lane clear also perform well in that role though?

Like Angrytoast said, they usually go into solo lane or mid lane. ADC stands for Attack Damage Carry. Their main job is to farm until late game when they have their crit items (mostly rage+deathbringer). Then they hit like a truck.

Although most hunters have good wave clear. The reason why you don't see Xbal in Smite Pro League (SPL) is because he has bad waveclear. Although he has the strongest basic attacks late game out of all hunters.

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 7, 2014 9:59am | Report
also you don't see xba that well because his ult is pretty worthless (aside from the movementspeed and basic attack range

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vampirian » February 10, 2015 9:15am | Report
The thing I don't think was said is that tha Carry is exactly that. You require another character to "carry" you or assist you till mid or late game when your aa's reach full potential. So most carries are late bloomers, weak in the begining but can Carry a whole team during mid to late game.

Vampirian

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DustZX » February 10, 2015 1:27pm | Report
Some assassins can adc too like Mercury, Bakasura, Ne Zha, Loki and maybe Kali ( isn't sure about Kali )

DustZX

Notable (2)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }