Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

When to engage

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » When to engage 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Torvox » November 3, 2014 3:31pm | Report
Greetings,

I have been playing Smite since beta off and on. I recently started into it pretty heavy due to being tired of the mmo grind. I feel pretty good at building and understanding when what items are good. I struggle overall with playing well I guess. I'm best at support and add, some game I will be the best and get all kinds of praise, other times I will do poorly and get told that I should just quit. I don't fully understand why I'm so inconsistent in my games. I was talking to a buddy of mine who play LoL and he that it might be a issue with knowing when to engage. Are there any guides or tips that y'all could point me to so I can improve. I know play more is part of it but I tend to learn by ready better than doing.

I was also wanting to know who the top tier gods are in each role. I would like to start learning more about those gods.

Torvox

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 3, 2014 4:10pm | Report
Hey there Torvox.

Well for when to engage really depends on the situation. Are you talking about 1 on 1 during laning or jungle? Or a 1v2/3/4/5 scenario or a team fight? ehh you just need to concentrate on a few things. It differs from role to role and even from god to god. Since you say support the answer is pretty simple. Unless you're going as a bruiser support you never really want to engage alone. All you will do is CC them and really just annoy them. Make sure your ADC or whoever your teammates are with you are actually with you and ready to take risks to fight. Understand what items you have how much damage you can soak or what type of damage you can soak up and keep a watchful eye over the enemy's items and your items. The only other thing I can tell you is keep playing. Knowledge comes from experience.

Top picks in each role (as of now)

Jungle: Serqet, Arachne, Hun Batz, Mercury, and Thor
Mid: Janus, Poseidon, Isis, Nu Wa, Agni, Ra (recent nerf makes him more viable in mid)
Solo: Bakasura, Vamana, Ra, Chaac, and Aphrodite
ADC: Apollo, Rama, and Ullr
Support: Geb, Sylvanus, Kumbhakarna, and Athena

Obviously not all of us are at a pro level so you can have success with some other gods in the same roles.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Torvox » November 3, 2014 5:45pm | Report
Thanks for the reply. I seem to struggle with engaging I. Any fights but mostly in lane. I do pretty well as support. Adc I'm ok at but when I play mage or warrior I tend to get slaughtered.

Torvox

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 3, 2014 6:02pm | Report
Really during laning engaging in a fight or knowing when to be aggressive depends on your knowledge of the enemy's kit. For example if you'e playing mid against an Anubis and he misses his Mummify you can generally attack the Anubis and punish him. However you can't base every situation just on that.

If you're below like 50% health it's highly likely Anubis could kill you having a Bancroft's Talon, Grasping Hands, and Death Gaze without the stun. You have to be confident in what you can do and be aware of what your enemy is able to do. If you succeed, you can engage against your opponent more recklessly.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » November 5, 2014 4:32am | Report
also know where the jungler is because engaging in a solo or mid lane with a jungle right around the corner won't end well.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }