Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What is "good" with a tank

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » What is "good" with a tank 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheLazyRaven » August 9, 2013 9:57pm | Report
I recently started playing athena as tank and really like it. but every game i get scores like 1-1-5 or 0-0-7. is this standard for tanks? In my most recent game i went 0-0-6, but my lane partner was 3-0-4. I guess im just not sure if im doing my job right or completely failing. input?
Rep+ because you love me :D

Also, check out my Chang'e guide here:

http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/change-cant-touch-this-2966

TheLazyRaven

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 9, 2013 10:06pm | Report
Yes, tanks get very very few kills since their job is not to do damage, but to soak it up, initiate, and CC. You will not get kills. You will get deaths. You are supposed to let your partners get kills to get fed.

Tanks do not check k/d ratio, they check k/d/a. If you have around twice the assists as deaths, I'd say you're doing alright.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheLazyRaven » August 9, 2013 10:25pm | Report
thanks. Also, i tend to fall on the underlevel side. quite frequently. is this normal?
Rep+ because you love me :D

Also, check out my Chang'e guide here:

http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/change-cant-touch-this-2966

TheLazyRaven

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 9, 2013 11:22pm | Report
Yessir. As you don't get the actual kills on minions or gods, you don't get the same level of experience.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 10, 2013 12:23am | Report
When playing support/tank, just remember to follow your lanepartner when he goes for buffs etc. And try to stay in your lane as much as possible, so that you don't lose out on gold and exp :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 12, 2013 9:01pm | Report
TheLazyRaven wrote:

I recently started playing athena as tank and really like it. but every game i get scores like 1-1-5 or 0-0-7. is this standard for tanks? In my most recent game i went 0-0-6, but my lane partner was 3-0-4. I guess im just not sure if im doing my job right or completely failing. input?

Tanks are unsung heroes of a good team. They don't get the most kills. They protect the carries, eat the damage, and get the enemy killed. They create situations where the enemy team dies.

Take sobek.. he does pretty good damage all things considered. But what he really excels at is getting other players killed. He pulls an enemy, disables them, shuts down their HP regen... and the rest is up to his team.

The problem with playing in pubs with a tank is that you rely very heavily on your team mates. Playing any kind of support is very frustrating with randoms because you'll play your heart out and your team will just drool on themselves.

Nothing you can do about that. Just do your best. Protect your team. Shut down enemy carries. Set the enemy up to die. That is your job.

You are mother. You protect. You nurture. You tear out the entrails of your enemies and then feed them to baby so he can grow big and strong.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }