Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Thanatos counter

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » New Player Help » Thanatos counter 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » March 7, 2014 2:20pm | Report
I.Hate.This.Guys.So.Freaking.Much.
Like seriously he kills me like instantly with his 1>3>2 basic attacks. It's SO FRUSTRATING.
The only thing I can think of is not feed him. Easier said then done :(
Any good gods/strategies against this huge BIT....?

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » March 7, 2014 3:37pm | Report
What gods have you used against him so far?

The key to fighting thanatos is juking his 1. If he hits you with it get out. Plain and simple gtfo is the best way to handle beeing hit.

There is a large variaty of ways to dodge his one. Some though have a few steps.

The first way.
Step one: know your thanatos.
This step starts at the card screen. Look how many masteries thanatos has. This will give you a vague idea how good the thanatos is. When in game, every time you meet than pay attention at what distence he trows his scythe. A good than does it fairly close to you.

Step 2: use everything you have in your power to dodge it.

Sounds simple enough but there are still a ton of people in smite who don't think before they act. Let's say your fenrir. Pay attention to than and jump over his 1 onto him.

Just dodge it. You know how dangerous it is and you know how reliabt than is on it. If than misses his one he becomes a free kill.

Way 2: this one is simple. Use the minions to your adventage. His 1 stops on impact so hide behind minions.

Than's 1 is your main probleme as far as i can tell so this should help you with that.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 7, 2014 4:40pm | Report
Nemesis wrecks him. Shield his Scythe and it's GG. It not only hurts him for all that, but costs 10% health, and doesn't heal him since he did no damage to you. Then you just wreck his face.

Otherwise, strategies? Dodge the scythe, and outduel him. He's scary in combat but the trick is either fighting or dying. Running away just ensures a slow death because he IS faster and he WILL hit you a lot.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » March 8, 2014 6:41am | Report
Ok, thanks guys :)

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » March 8, 2014 8:08am | Report
graag gedaan
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 8, 2014 11:17am | Report
Thanatos suffers from having very little counterplay. Yeah, anyone can tell you to group, but that's not always possible.

The problem is that Soul Reap is pretty much impossible to dodge, and Death Scythe is the single most powerful ability at early levels, and at level 5, it even beats some ultimates in terms of damage swing. Your only real hope is to use minions to block or to dodge it from range.

All of his health costs have been reduced to 5%, so again, no counterplay.

Basically, any melee character is going to get raped by him. Death Scythe is impossible to avoid at point-blank range, and hitting with it essentially wins fights for you.

Ranged characters can beat him though, since Thanatos lacks any gap closers, and he lacks escapes, and his only real way of getting close without being hit is with his ultimate, but Aegis Amulet is an awesome counter to it.

Physical protection is fantastic against him. Breastplate of Valor is useful for pretty much everybody, maybe except ranged ADCs.

Not much options here, but...bleh.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MihTheBestEVER » March 23, 2015 10:53pm | Report
Nice tips!i recomend you 2 items that should counter a little thanatos.
1. Brawlers beat stick. it reduces his healing by 40% for 8 sec if you hit him
And also has penetration.
2.WitchBlade. it reduces the atack speed and 25 physical power to all enemies within 44 feet.
And also has 45 phy. Prot.

I hope i helped you!

MihTheBestEVER

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » March 24, 2015 6:27am | Report
Nice necro, locked.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }