Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Taking the next step

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Taking the next step 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by maskedskull » May 12, 2013 8:45am | Report
So, I've recently gotten back into Smite recently (after playing originally when beta began for a short time) and am very much enjoying myself. However, I feel that it is time for me to step up my game a little bit and move on from newbie stuff but I'm not really sure how to go about it.

So far I have primarily been playing either assault or the daily random modes, and have mostly just been using auto level and item defaults. While I appreciate that each God is different, some general advice about item selection would be appreciated. I also would ask for some general tips for the Conquest and Domination modes just so I'm not going in entirely blind when I do start playing them a bit more.

Might be a lot to ask but if you don't ask you don't get. Any advice on these matters will be much appreciated.

maskedskull

maskedskull

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 12, 2013 9:13am | Report
Well, about the item selection. It comes in time :P As if for tips for domi and conquest you can contact any of our mentors who would be happy to help you with anything or just pm me if you have something very specific
https://www.smitefire.com/smite/forum/mentoring/official-mentoring-program-please-read-before-posting-below-858

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » May 12, 2013 9:14am | Report
I'm not pro also but have been playing a many games

My first advice is to follow guides here in Smitefire. Those will really help you get into a God.

Second, about item, boots (to my opinion) is a must buy. Other than that, you can buy anything you want as long as it still fit your role (physical damage for carry, magical damage for mage, protection for tanks). Having an extra protection for any god you choose will also help. Just don't buy a very expensive item as your first and second items.

Third, about skill, maximizing your ulti is necessary when you are able to do it. That is your main ability. Having a point for an utility/cc skill (slow, leap, etc) is important, but you don't need to maximize it. Maximizing your damaging abilities is important (or heal if you are support)

Forth, about Conquest, be careful with ganks (enemy's attack from back), don't forget to call MIA if enemy suddenly gone. Having a compatible lane partner is good also. And don't fed (funny, I just fed the enemy in my last game)

I don't play domination but all I know is you need to focus on two sand guardians only. As long as you have both, you will win.

Good luck, add me if you want IGN : razemage

Edit ; contacting those EXCELLENT and COOL mentors is the best choice actually

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by maskedskull » May 14, 2013 8:17pm | Report
Thank's for the suggestions, I'll definitely take a look around and also consider the mentor stuff. Good thing summer is coming up so I have time to study how the game works a bit better :P

maskedskull

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » May 15, 2013 6:11am | Report
Ok, as I play some domination from time to time, I can give a few pointers

1.If you can play with friends, you should. With skype, even better. Domination is a game mode that involves a lot of team work. Being able to know what every player is doing and what every player sees is essential. Knowing no players are seen by your team mates can mean they are going for another tower or coming to kill you. Furthermore, you can co-ordinate where everyone has to be at certain times. Sometimes, you want the whole team to attack and defend but there are times where if there is no one there, 3 people could go get it.

2.There are different play style to play. Having a full offensive team to keep on taking towers, full defensive team to keep two towers, 2 defend and 3 go around to take towers, there is just so many ways to play, you will have to apply a strategy to adapt to the situation as fast as possible. Being slow could be fatal, resulting in a huge advantage in points for the opponent

3. Team composition. This is so important, as different gods have different tasks in domination. Take Ao Kuang for example. We can see that he can quickly take towers a defeat minions. Therefore, he is a defender who has the possibility to take towers which are un guarded. The best possible lane to have him would be mid, with a tank to gain an early advantage and stop the enemy team from taking the tower. He can also go and take towers that the opposing team leaves un guarded easily. Loki is a bit different. As a squishy dps god, he is a god that should not be noticed, putting him in the side lanes so he can easily get the tower and farm up to go around the enemies side to pick off the opposition when they push too far in mid lane.
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }