Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Starting Conquest?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Starting Conquest? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nickneo » November 11, 2014 4:54pm | Report
Hi,
I've just made my SF account, and I'm asking a very newbie-esque question, but I'm actually already level 21 in Smite.
The issue is that I've been playing every mode except for Conquest. I'm just too intimidated by the strategy of all the roles, and warding, and everything in between. Co-op matches are fine, but in those you can basically do whatever you want with little consequences, and team communication is virtually non-existent.
My question is: is there a right/good time to start playing Conquest against players? How competitive is it compared to the League matches, and will people be tolerable for me being new to the mode?

Any general tips and things would be appreciated, too. I've read through various guides, but I'm not sure how effective I'd be at things like rotating and warding to check jungle camps and stuff.

Thanks!!

Nickneo

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » November 11, 2014 5:09pm | Report
Yeah, there are a lot of competitive players out there, but much less than League ( if you mean LoL or Ranked it's the same answer) I'll gladly group up with you tomorrow to teach you the basics, IGN same as here. If you wanna start today, here are some basics: 3 magic , 2 phys or vice versa,remember wards win games, get Gold Fury and Fire Giant in mid-late games if your team outnumber them. Best advises I can think of.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 11, 2014 5:14pm | Report
Ill be honest with you I was in the same boat and pretty much only played Joust 3v3v3s. I would say I didnt really start playing conquest until a good time after I hit level 30. Do it if you want but just know that your conquest experience now will be nothing 9 levels later. Nothing like OT :3

Ill go over roles and everything ill edit this in a ill bit

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 11, 2014 5:19pm | Report
Even if you hit level thirty before jumping into your first Conquest queue, it shouldn't match you with people who have hundreds of Conquest games under their belts. So to vaguely answer your first question, there isn't necessarily a "right" time to start playing it against players. There will always be people who are too impatient to help new players, but as long as you understand the basic rules, I think you will be fine.

I know you said you've read through several guides, but I just wanted to make sure you've seen these:

Firarria's beginner guide.
Pentargonite's rules and etiquette guide.
And you can check out some more general guides here.

You seem to know some of the general terminology so you've obviously done at least a bit of research into Conquest. I don't think you'll have much trouble at all, so once you're confident, join the queue and have fun.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nickneo » November 11, 2014 5:24pm | Report
Thanks, you guys! Much appreciated. :D

My main concern is just that I don't really have a single preferred God and/or role type, so I just feel really unprepared when it comes to team formation in the lobby. Following on from that, having zero experience with warding and that, would you just recommend practice to learn how to do it?
I'm apprehensive about coming up against a team of people with some skill in that regard and just falling flat on my face due to poor preparation and lack of practice.

(Obviously there's the paradox that you need to practice to get better, so to practice you have to play, but there's the chance that doing more Co-op matches or something could help, or something...)

Nickneo

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » November 11, 2014 5:36pm | Report
Well, the problem is that each role is vital to the outcome of the game. Again, you can team up with me tomorrow and i can show you the basics, but if not, Drybear always helps, watch what he does and look at what interests you. I'd recommend watching his ranked games because he usually goes ultra-mega-hyper tryhard mode in those games. Best of luck either way bud :)
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » November 11, 2014 10:51pm | Report
Heya. No worries if you don't have preferred god or role. Nor did I, but when I started playing conquest I just tried every role and just played roles that I enjoyed. When you will choose your role, you can go and watch some pros play that role, so you will get some information ( I learned ADC from watching Zapman, so it is possible )

Don't worry to get into conquest, I had just the same feeling. A went to level 15-20 with just playing arena and I was pretty nervous to get into conquest because I knew that there are things you should know (like roles etc) that you dont need on arena( I just instalocked loki there xD )

I can't describe everything here because I am a horrible describer, but if you want I can team up with you and play a few games to show you the basics of every role. My IGN is same as it is here. I usually play on EU servers but last week I started to play more on NA servers.

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » November 12, 2014 9:06am | Report
well a bit of bad luck is that a lot of players in conquest tend to be toxic. warding isn't that hard (only remembering to buy wards is).

depending on role you have standard warding locations.
as mid around the mid camps to your side.
As solo or support the jungle entrances to the lane (around the blue buff on both sides but mostly their side)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }