Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Solo Help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Solo Help 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TingLingFairy » July 26, 2015 10:15pm | Report
Hi, I want to solo but I don't know when to rotate or what that is. I usually play Aphrodite with the build of Shoes Of Magi, Chronos' Pendant, Rod Of Asclepius , Winged Blade, Gem Of Isolation,
and Spirit Robe. I'm not really new at this game genre but I still need help with a few mechanics.

TingLingFairy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » July 26, 2015 11:07pm | Report
Hi !

Aphrodite is a really good solo laner right now. I recommend you looking into FemFatalis' guide for Aphrodite solo, if you want a "better" build.

Rotation : " To temporarily leave one’s Lane to accomplish other things, like helping out team mates in their lane or taking down Objectives. This is usually only done if the Minion wave has been pushed in order not to miss out on free Farm or getting one’s Tower destroyed. " ~Quote from SMITE Dictionary

Essentially : You're going to leave your lane to help other.

Now let's see the definition of Solo Laner

Solo : " One of the Roles in Conquest played in the Solo lane by a wide variety of god classes (Mage, Warrior, Assassin). Solo’s task includes the following: Farm solo lane and counterbuild against enemy Solo; Rotate for Securing right Mid Harpies in early to mid game; Push solo lane in order to be freer for doing rotations. " ~Quote from SMITE Dictionary

Essentially, you'll want to help your team out early. If you're getting pushed, forget the mid harpies.
A lot of ppl associate "winning" solo lane to when you take the enemy tower before he takes your Tier 1 tower.

A solo laner starts to rotate at level 16, around that, or whenever he's enemy laner is rotating. You can also Split Push while he's ganking some other lane

Split Push : " To Push in two different spots at once, when, for example, a team fight is fought at the Fire Giant and the ADC, not participating in the fight, pushes the Duo lane instead, or when two Lanes are being pushed at the same time. " ~Quote from SMITE Dictionary

Which mechanics do you need help with ? ^^
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 27, 2015 7:06am | Report

A lot of ppl associate "winning" solo lane to when you take the enemy tower before he takes your Tier 1 tower.

Why people do this is because if you have their t1 you can push further which gives you more time to gank/rotate while he hasn't that time.

Also do they lose some map control as you can more easily get their blue when he is pushed into tower. (note that if you're so pushed up you gotta ward further and sometimes more spots)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » July 27, 2015 9:22am | Report
I don't know if I agree with all that was said above. I currently main solo and for me winning lane means you hav out farmed your opponent winning dominantly is you have outfarmed them to the point at which they can't even contest you at the mid game. Also you don't have to wait until level 16 to rotate. A perfect example is say your level 10 and you either killed or bullied out the other solo owner and you still have health. Don't even bother pushing tower as that tower can strip away more gold from your opponent instead rotate and gank mid. This works best with an aggressive play style. And remember if your ahead you should almost always be pushing the gas pedal as that will almost always put you in a position of control and so long as you do it cautiously you can do it while your even with someone so long as you know what ability of there's are on cooldown.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » July 27, 2015 9:24am | Report
Also if you rotate when they return to base then they can't call you missing and you can often catch people off guard when you sun wukong tiger rush them from the jungle.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 28, 2015 12:48am | Report
Diomedes232 wrote:

I currently main solo and for me winning lane means you hav out farmed your opponent

(psst this is how every lane wins his lane but mainly how adc wins his lane. Support and jungle are the person's who need to help people win lanes.)

one thing I want to note on rotating (any lane actually) if you rotate you need to get something out of it (rotating for mid gives some gold and xp.) if you can't get anything out of it you will only hurt your own economy.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }