Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite Terminology/Anhur/Lanes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Smite Terminology/Anhur/Lanes 13 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Why does the forum FOCE me to make a POLL to post a thread?
BUG
It just does that
I have no clue
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » March 3, 2013 1:53pm | Report
PLEASE ANYONE THAT IS AN EXPERT/GOOD AT THE GAME HELP ME OUT IF YOU CAN! - Long read -

Hello, I am new to smite. I just downloaded the game yesterday. I have already unlocked Anhur because he looked like a character that I would play with. I am a competitive player, I usually play on consoles but I seem kind of hooked on smite at the moment.

Being that I am a new player I do not know the terminology used in this game much. I have a 65% understanding of things right now as I am still new to the game. I know how to play the game fairly well but would like to learn all the terminology/tactics to out play opponents.

Here are the basic things I want to learn to get me started.

#1 - TERMINOLOGY - I need to learn all the terminology and what they mean. For example I need to know about the ROLES characters like what TANKS are for ASSASSINS, ect! I have just recently found out what GANK means. I still have no clue what AD means. I need to learn the basic terminology so I can talk with my team members/understand what they are saying. So I would first like to know EVERY SINGLE word possible that people will be saying in this game so I can understand them.

#2 - LANES - I need to learn about the purposes of lanes, what is the difference between MID LANE, LEFT LANE, RIGHT LANE, and what characters are ment for certain lanes. When I play conquest I really have no idea which lane to take depending on what character I am. To me it seems ranged people like RA like to play middle lane but I have no clue why these characters play that lane. I need to understand what lanes to go to and why those lanes are for that character.

#3 - Anhur - Right now Anhur is my main character until I find someone/unlock someone better that I like. I am looking to become competitive so I am trying to get good with Anhur. Things I would like to know is which lane is Anhur best in and why! Also which characters are Anhurs counters so I can spot this and play accordingly. It seems that I have a hard time with TANKS like sobek who was really annoying when they get to close, or people like ymir. Also as far as Anhur goes what is his role for the team/what should I be doing with Anhur to complete his role in conquest. Actually I will have to do more playing to see how I have trouble with. When its 1 on 1 I can most of the time hold my own I just assumed I am having trouble with players like sobek because everytime I get ganked sobek grips me up throws me back into his team mates.

I really need these questions answered by someone who plays smite alot or knows what they are talking about. I am looking to become competitive in the game. These are the things I need help with, if you can PLEASE answer my 3 questions as it will help me out BIG TIME!

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » March 3, 2013 4:39pm | Report
Gank - When a player from a differing lane than your own comes to your lane to kill the opposing players in it.

MIA - You call this when the enemy players are no longer in sight in your lane, so that it warns other lanes that it might be going for a gank

Team Fight - A fight in which you and your team group up to fight the grouped enemy team. Lots of button mashing involved.

Solo lane - When a player is by himself with no lane partner. This occurs in mid, and when there is a jungler/roamer.

Jungler - This is a player that does not stay in a lane, rather stays in the "jungle" and farms off of the buff mobs.

Roamer - A player that stays in lane for early game then wanders between the lanes consitently ganking and occasionally jungling.

Lane - One of 3 paths between your minotaur and the enemy minotaur.

Tank - A god that is used to take the aggro from enemy mobs and take hits to ensure the kill of opposing players.

Aggro - When an NPC's attention is focused on you.

Mage - A god that uses AP (Ability Power) Items to gain power through its abilities.

Physical - A god that does not use its abilities as its main source of damage, rather its damage comes mostly from its basic attacks.

Carry - A god that deals the highest damage and killing capabilities.

Feed - Feeding is when you die repetitively to the enemy gods, giving them experience and gold.

Assassin - A god that generally has high burst and good utility to give quick and clean ganks.

Bruiser - A god that balances damage and tankiness

FG/FG Buff - Fire Giant, and Fire Giant Buff. An NPC that is crucial to most games, as the buff grants large bonuses to various stats.

GF/GF Bonus - Gold Fury, Gold Fury Bonus. A powerful NPC that grants a large amount of gold upon killing to the entire team.

Burst - Damage that comes in rapid succession of eachother, and usually can kill an enemy within seconds.

Nuke - Tremendous damage that generally comes from ulti's

Laning Phase - The phase in which all towers are up and all players are in lane and farming. (Early to mid game.)

I hope this cleared up a lot of the terminology. If you have any specific words I missed, feel free to ask.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » March 3, 2013 5:22pm | Report
okay thanks, what does AD mean though? I still have no glue what AD means lol, I just need to know what lane Anhur is best in, it seems I can go in almost any lane an do good 1v1 most players, I just hate getting jumped 1v1 I can hold off or push most of the time with anhur. I just played a match where I was pushing Wukong back to his towers pretty effectively. Like always one of his butt buddy team mates came to his rescue then I died lol.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 3, 2013 6:34pm | Report
AD=Basically auto attack dealing damage. AP is where (like a Mage) their abilities deal more damage, while people like Anhur is a ranged AD. Meaning their autoattacks are powerful, fast, and hard.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » March 3, 2013 7:07pm | Report
Amhur is also a god who can play any lane. I wouldn't recommend him in mid at high level play just because he will get out-laned by Ra or Ao Kuang or even Poseidon.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » March 3, 2013 7:43pm | Report
Ya Ra is harder for me to push back in mid lane I have trouble with him, most of the time I go to the side lanes, Its just that if I see that I have no ranged characters as my team mates I will go mid lane. Sometimes my team mates are stupid and the ones that should be going mid go to the left or right lanes so I will sometimes do my best to cover mid until I they come over to mid.

I can hold off on mid if there isn't a RA or a good mid god, once Ra gets a higher level then me he usually starts to give me alot of trouble. I usually hope my team mates are smart enough to know who should go middle but some games I'm forced to go middle because of dumb team mates. I guess I should use the chat more and tell them to go mid lol.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » March 3, 2013 10:29pm | Report
Here are some common moba terms http://www.smitewiki.com/Common_Terms

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » March 5, 2013 3:58pm | Report
thanks

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 5, 2013 4:00pm | Report
I suggest you to make an Anhur guide. It's been quite a while since anyone has. Just make a good one. Since you seem to type a lot. I don't see why you shouldn't.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » March 5, 2013 4:19pm | Report
Cool I will I was just trying to find out the best items for him to use. I read some of the guides and it seems that people like to stick to one build? I change my build depending on what gods are on the other team or which god I am facing in my lane.

Ya I will make one since I just been no lifing with him for 3 days lol. I didn't think I would get into smite this much but it seems I am wrong. I usually play on consoles its rare for me to play games on my laptop but smite has got me addicted. Oh and It will probably take me time to learn how to even make the guide XD I just clicked on the getting started guide to show you how to make a guide and it looks...confusing! I'll figure it out though.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }