Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Quintessential Noob- Getting Roll Practice

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Quintessential Noob- Getting Roll Practice 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IStartedBecauseMythology » April 27, 2020 10:49pm | Report
Hello! I'm one of those geeky English teachers and am playing SMITE very casually for fun during this quarantine. Despite being casual, I have a very competitive personality and would like to do well for the sake of my team (I apologise to anyone who has had the misfortune of playing with me so far).
I'm afraid I caused my teammates some annoyance due to my difficulty in fully understanding how to play my role. Specifically, Thanatos as Jungler and Hachiman in ADC. I'd like very much not to be a source of irritation and would much rather lend to helping my team enjoy the game. So, my question is this: does utilizing the practice/training feature serve the purpose of learning roles beyond what reading guides can teach or is it more for the practice of abilities? Any help would be welcome!

IStartedBecauseMythology

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » April 27, 2020 11:26pm | Report
A good place to start is to watch/read guides on how the different roles should be played. Inters3ct has as number of them for Season 6 to get you started (he's currently working on Season 7, but the basics are still the same). You can find those here.

Here's the one for Solo in Season 7 I'd probably stick to solo or support until you learn how to play because jungle and mid are kinda difficult if you don't know what you're doing.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » April 28, 2020 12:56am | Report
Jungle is probably one of the hardest roles to learn as you want to have some lane knowledge. And intersects guides are great to start of with

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 28, 2020 3:41am | Report

So, my question is this: does utilizing the practice/training feature serve the purpose of learning roles beyond what reading guides can teach or is it more for the practice of abilities? Any help would be welcome!

If you mean Jungle Practice, that's mainly just for testing out god abilities and theorycrafting.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IStartedBecauseMythology » April 28, 2020 5:40am | Report
Thank you all very much! I'll be sure to check out the resources!

IStartedBecauseMythology

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » April 28, 2020 5:48am | Report
Bran's conquest guide is also a good resource to peruse for how the different roles interact and best play them. Note that the meta (Most Effective Tactics Available) tends to change based on what gods Hi-Rez releases and/or what changes they make to item stats, but, as with Inters3ct's videos, the basics won't change much.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }