Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Playing passive with Ao Kuang

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Playing passive with Ao Kuang 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShinjiEvangelio » August 4, 2013 5:14am | Report
I dont play Ao very often but some days ago I wanted to try to get better in mid. I played a couple of games and some people complained that I played too passive. What was I doing? Well I casted tornados on minions, tried to push the enemy back, then when lane phase finished I stood behind the team casting torandos, swuall and ult on enemies. Of course sometimes I missed with ult or squall but overall I havent been dying much and I have dealt nice amount of damage... And beside of my skills and so on... Isn't Ao meant to be played a little bit passive? I mean it's not a god who can just rush on the enemy aggresively...

Any ideas why I was accused of playing too passive?

ShinjiEvangelio

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 4, 2013 6:09am | Report
Don't listen too them. Aoo is passive. Don't play aggresive like I do because I always die

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 4, 2013 7:21am | Report
All I can think about is maybe do some splitpushing, but be very very very careful and keep an eye on the minimap at all times :P

Other than that there isn't much you can do with Ao Kunag without being at a huge risk for feeding the enemy team.

Spam tornadoes as you did, and just practice the ulty (use it on top of stuns, tight corners etc).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 4, 2013 7:59am | Report
And if you are ganked in the jungle, use your ult. Most people (especially mellee) will not realize it and get hit and turn the tide

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » August 4, 2013 8:49am | Report
The best thing you can do in mid is keep the other mid guy in check. If you can get kills, that's even better. But don't go all crazy and get yourself killed; that's very counter productive.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 4, 2013 10:05am | Report
Mr.wiggelz is one of the most passive Gods in the game. You litterly put down your tornado and wait till the next wave. I call an agressive ao plus one kill.

If you are a passive ao mid your team has no reason to complain, but If you are in a Side lane And they as very aggresive then I understand them being a bit mad but the should play more passive to then so there is sinergie between you two but you can also play a bit more agressive, it realy depends on what god you two ar playing but in the mid If you are ao and you play passive then you are doing it right.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShinjiEvangelio » August 5, 2013 11:57am | Report
Well, to be honest that's what I thought from the beggining. Thanks for support and nice advices.

ShinjiEvangelio

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bushwahkhan » August 8, 2013 1:18pm | Report
Don't listen to negative feedback from the in-game chat. A lot of people are full of themselves. It sucks because some people are so wrong and its not even worth starting an argument with them. I tend to find myself using the mute button a lot. I am not sure why but this game is starting to have a lot ***holes in game that have no idea what they are talking about. It is getting kind of annoying joining 7/10 games with people constantly yelling at each other about how bad they are when they aren't doing any better.....O well.
www.twitch.tv/bushwahkhan - Follow :)

IGN:Bushwahkhan - Add me for games :)

Main Roles Played:
ADC
Support

Bushwahkhan

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 12, 2013 9:20pm | Report
Ao can be aggressive... Its all about either being sneaky with your damage or baiting them in to kill.

You want as much as possible to drop the tornadoes ON the enemy gods. Not the minions. If you get both, great. But Ao can afford to get pushed back a bit by not killing the creeps as fast because he can insta kill a wave with his tornado if he must. So don't worry about the creeps. The creeps are your *****. Kill that god. Make being anywhere near you painful and scary for the enemy god.

And remember... an enemy that chases you is an easy ult. If they're right on your ***, just cast the ult straight forward and they'll run right into it. You can then squall them for an easy kill if they're not already dead.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShinjiEvangelio » August 14, 2013 11:12am | Report
Well... som1 said today or yesterday on this forum that Ao lacks finishing skill and I agree. U say that its easy to land ulti on som1 who chases U but well... only noob players can be shot down that way ;). and if enemy is near enough, he will just "go past" spirit tempest... UR right about trying to land tornadoes on enemy but when U reduce his health U have to ask for gank or something... rushing in mid with Ao is a bad idea cos he can be easily taken down with gank from jungler or something like that. And to be honest, Ao is great when it comes to outfarming enemy. Just push him to his tower, reduce his health and when he is tryin to push gank him.

ShinjiEvangelio

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }