Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ok, I need a God that can carry...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Ok, I need a God that can carry... 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » March 24, 2014 8:19am | Report
I pretty much only play 3v3, a lot of the time my team doesn't know the game very well, so them dying a lot, means I die a lot. Or they just auto-lock, not caring about team comp. Looking for Gods or Goddesses that can survive 3 v 1's or take down enemies quickly.

Would a tank be good to carry if there isn't one already on my team? I feel like I'm going to need to learn a different role, my characters are mostly pretty squishy. Is Zeus worth learning for this? Ao is easy to use but is he good if I'm the only one alive?

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » March 24, 2014 9:13am | Report
zeus is OP and instabanned in most tournements. he is fun and not incredibly hard to learn.

ao is also one of the 1st picked mage's in tournements and very easy to learn and becomes very strong when truely masterd.

a tank as a carry usually doens't work with the exeption being ymir and sort of ares. it is usually better to be a carry to carry a game then a tank and it gives you less "YOU STOLE MAH KIIL" comments from team mates.

all hunters can carry and assassins to. if you want to carry but still be semi tanky i recommand a warrior like guan, vamana or sun wukong.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 24, 2014 9:29am | Report
Harder to play zeus in 3v3. His ult isn't as impactful (the ult is kinda weak with less targets, it's better for rotting a team), and he has much less peel. In 5v5 he has a solo lane and a tank to peel for him, in 3v3 he has only a tank or bruiser, probably not both or you lack damage. Several people instantly counter him that are very commonly picked atm (thanatos, kali, etc)

If you're looking for the ability to carry by yourself, there's a few gods to pick in each role. I won't list by role, I'll list by tank, bruiser, physical, and mage, because you can't have every role.

Tank: Athena and Ymir are the only two very viable choices here. Geb works in gimmick comps but is weak in soloqueue. Sobek can be good if your team is good, but you're soloqueueing. Ares *can* be good but at high tier he's countered.

Bruiser: Most are good. Tyr, Hercules, and Sun Wukong are the best atm. Chaac is a good contender. Odin needs a comp to fit him, thor is a really weird mix between assassin and bruiser, vamana doesn't bring enough, etc.

Physical: Neith, Ullr, and Xbalanque are very good snowballers/safe players that will be annoying to deal with and can shred a tower. If you get ahead with them, as their playstyle suits, you can win a game. I've 1v3'd on Xbalanque myself. If you have a decent mage that can hit a tower well, a melee physical that can run the game would fall to Kali and Thanatos, mainly. Those two are absolute MONSTERS late game. Mercury and Fenrir can also do well.

Mage: You NEED waveclear in this game, and it usually falls to the mage, so low waveclear gods are kaput. Ao Kuang, Ra, Hel, Chang'E, and Agni are all very very solid picks. Anubis can be if you have serious peel. My favorite here is Ra. Heals out the wazoo, and the relatively small lane is easy to lang ults on. Hel is a monster late game, and Ao Kuang assures a clear wave as long as he's alive.

Honorable Mentions: Loki can run a game if fed, but he's horrible in laning. Arachne is fun on 3v3, her ults are nasty. Guan Yu can dominate with his ult in a small area. Finally, the last honorable mentoin goes to Artemis, who if fed, is the strongest carry in the game.

In summary, my top picks: Athena, Ymir, Hercules, Sun Wukong, Kali, Thanatos, Ullr, Neith, Ra, and Ao Kuang. 2 people for each role.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » March 24, 2014 10:44am | Report
@All4Games - Tried Zeus in two games, he's definitely fun to use. Did very well the first game, but not so much the second. I think the second team had a pre-set team of 3, so they were much more organized than my team of randoms.

@Raventhor - Appreciate the post. I've always wanted to learn Athena, so maybe I'll start to. Neith is one of my mains so I already know her well. I just feel with Neith, if my team does badly then there isn't much I can do. I may try picking up Ra again. I'd love to learn Hel, she seems really cool to use.

Thanks for the suggestions !

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » March 25, 2014 11:19am | Report
If you want a adc that can carry I would try some Anhur (as you said Neith needs some assistance, but Anhur can do so much on his own) ;)

Freya is probably one of the best mages to carry with (Zeus is great as well, and chronos although he needs help in the early game)

For support I would say something like Sun Wukong or Odin.

And for assassin Kali and Merc are just beasts (Loki can work as well).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }