Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

noob in need of help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » noob in need of help 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by deathknight666 » July 19, 2013 5:37pm | Report
I have been playing the game for a bit and I love it. I am awful and need a easy god to play. I have the ultimate god pack so no god is off the table.

deathknight666

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 19, 2013 11:50pm | Report
Well Being that my brother is new to the game and is godly horrible because he has no clue what he is doing and even after I tell him what to do he still doesn't listen I'll tell you what to do.

#1 Before you do anything in smite, make sure you know what ITEMS TO USE on WHAT GOD YOU PICK and based on what items the other gods are using. So to start off you need to learn the items in the game and when you need them. For example mages like Ra, ANubis, Chronos will all use Magical items not physical items. You need to know if your god is physical or magical to know what items to buy from for the most part unless you are trying some special build.

Make sure you take a look at what the enemy gods are buying. If you notice none of them are buying defense items then you may not even need much penetration. If you notice alot of people are building crit then you can buy hide of the nemean lion to counter them.

First just learn the items.
For example on Ra : You will buy magical boots because he is magical. From there you can either pick cooldown reduction or penetration, I usually go with penetration just because I want to cut through defense and if you really need cooldown there are other items for that.

Also use your brain. THere are mana pots and health pots which give mana or health back. MOst people will buy both health potions and mana potions. But with Ra I will only buy mana potions. Why? Because Ra has a heal and if you get alot of mana you can heal yourself as well as do damage so I rarely buy healing potions for ra.

#2 After you learn items you need to learn the game. You should know which lane you are to go in. You should know how to jungle and where your junglers go. You should know what a solo lane is. You should know about towers, phenioxes, mintars, ect. Basically just learn what you need to do in order to play the game and what your role is. Tanks absorb damage, Mages deal alot of magical damage and are often mid since they can clear waves easier. Physical damage dealers are the people who do alot of damage with basic attacks.

#3 Go to practice mode and in practice mode go to jungle. WHile in practice mode learn the gods and what skills they have. You need to know what the gods are capable of doing so you know what they will use against you in battle. You also just need to be in practice jungle so you can test the items out against the gold furry or other enemies in the jungle. Test items out in jungle to see which is best for what you want.

Pick a god that YOU LIKE not one that people says to pick just because other people play them or think they are good. Learn your god and what items to put on him and learn when to use his skills.

#4 Know who to attack online. Don't try attacking someone who you will never kills, don't attack someone you can't finish and don't start fights you can't win. Pick off people who can die easy.

#5 Play smite everyday until you get better. Watch youtube videos (Drybear) on youtube has some good videos explaining the gods and how to play them.

Its important that you learn all the gods and the items first. Because if you do not know what the gods are capable of during an online battle then they will keep owning you since you have no clue what they are capable of doing to you. If you don't know what the items do then its very possible that the items you pick are not even helping you out at all.

Don't die, if you have to just stay back in your tower instead of dying. Dying early is the quickest way to lose the game.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » July 23, 2013 5:54pm | Report
The easiest ones to play starting off are tanks. Especially if you stack their defense. Two reasons why:

1. They help you get used to overall Smite combat.

2. You do not become a detriment to your team.

I would personally advise you to stay away from melee bruisers and assassins; mostly due to them being squishy. Always best to first get used to the flow of the game before deciding on what type of character your going to play.

I played Hades almost religiously until I was level seven. Then I started dabbling with other gods. Which right now; my three in conquest rotation are Ares, Freya, and Cupid.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 24, 2013 5:22am | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

The easiest ones to play starting off are tanks. Especially if you stack their defense.

I totally agree. Playing tanks/supports is the best way to learn the game (Support players are usually better at the game than players who just play ad carry etc).

I would recommend starting with Ymir, Bacchus, Aphrodite (somewhat tanky, not full damage in the start). And when you feel you got a good understanding of the game/gods you should try to play different type of gods. And just go for the popular items (not the recommended), after some time you are going to understand when you should build magical protection, health or physical protection etc.

Do a match or two on arena when you first try out a new god before you play conquest, but conquest is where you are going to learn when to use different skills and when to save your mana. How to save your lanepartner, how to secure kills and stuff like that.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » July 26, 2013 8:32pm | Report

I would recommend starting with Ymir, Bacchus, Aphrodite (somewhat tanky, not full damage in the start). And when you feel you got a good understanding of the game/gods you should try to play different type of gods. And just go for the popular items (not the recommended), after some time you are going to understand when you should build magical protection, health or physical protection etc.

First off I think you mean Athena; not Aphrodite. Personally would choose Hades over Ymir; mostly due to Hades having an escape. Also would not recommend Bacchus due to his passive being a little harder to grasp.

Also Ares is a good starter one.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 26, 2013 8:52pm | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

First off I think you mean Athena; not Aphrodite. Personally would choose Hades over Ymir; mostly due to Hades having an escape. Also would not recommend Bacchus due to his passive being a little harder to grasp.

Also Ares is a good starter one.

Nope I ment Aphrodite :P
But just play her as a full on support (with a bit of tanky items, not full damage), that way you learn how to save your teammates and you will improve your overall gameplay a lot.

Ymir is so god for learning how to punish your enemies when they are out of position, therefore I would strongly recommend him. Punishing your enemies mistakes is one of the most important things to learn (whatever role you might play) and Ymir is the easiest on to learn it with IMO.
And who to tank/peel for your carries.

Bacchus is just for learning how to engage in teamfights, IMO Bacchus is the easiest good to learn how to engage as a tank (Chug, Bellyflop = ggwp). This is also a really important thing to be aware of so that you don't engage in the wrong way with a adc etc.

Then you take all the things you have learned from those gods and put it into gods like Hades, Ares, Athena or some other role. Because then you know what you have to wait for before engage as a adc, mage or what you have to do to keep your carries safe as a support player.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 26, 2013 9:15pm | Report
I suggest ymir or odin to learn tank, neith (despite relative complexity) to learn ranged carry due to her safe play, ra or ao kuang to learn mage, loki or kali to learn an assassin-type, and fenrir or thor to learn bruiser. Both fenrir and thor are medium-difficulty, but due to their relative strength, they'll do well until you master them.

EDIT: I also suggest learning in arena (with fast paced, quick recovery combat) instead of conquest. Learn the champion mechanics and how fights go, THEN do conquest if you wish, to learn the details.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }